Issue: How to fix Microsoft Outlook error 0x800CCC1A?
I keep getting this error in Outlook. it repeats when I send or receive and it is constant. The error Your server does not support the encryption type you have specified has a code 0x800CCC1A and I don't have a clue why this is here and what to do. I don't know how to alter or enter server settings that apparently are not okay here. Can you help?
Microsoft Outlook error 0x800CCC1A occurs when the issue is within the synchronization between incoming and outgoing servers. Users state that the issue occurs often, if not every time using the Outlook webmail client. This piece of software has its fair share of issues and errors while sending or receiving emails that might occur for most of the users.
The issue can trigger a particular error pop-up with the Microsoft Outlook error 0x800CCC1A and an indication that the server connection failed. The message states that the problem occurred due to an incorrect encryption type and the wrong port. This is one of the causes of the error.
Another possible reason why users encounter this Microsoft Outlook error 0x800CCC1A is the Outlook client's damaged profile. If the profile is damaged or corrupted the issue emerges and is not going away until the corruption is fixed. Malware can trigger such issues or even third-party applications, antivirus tools and other programs can cause various errors on the system.
Since there are a few possible causes for the error, it is possible to fix Microsoft Outlook error 0x800CCC1A but you need to determine the trigger for it. Quick check of the system and troubleshooting or even fixing method could be system damage repair with ReimageMac Washing Machine X9. If this check shows nothing, you should go for the manual solutions below.
1. Configure SSL encryption
- Launch MS Outlook.
- Click on File and then click on Account Settings button.
- Select the E-mail tab and then Double-Click on the account on which you would like to make the changes.
- Click on More Settings.
- Click on the Advanced tab, then uncheck the box next to This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) and click on OK.
2. Change port settings to fix Microsoft Outlook error 0x800CCC1A
- Go to your Account Settings.
- Select your account and then click Change.
- Click on More Settings and then switch to the Advanced tab.
- Make sure SSL is selected from the drop-down list in front of Use the following type of encrypted connection.
- Change the port value for IMAP to 993 and SMTP to 587.
- Change SMTP encryption type to STARTTLS.
- Click OK and then restart Outlook.
3. Use Outlook repair tool
- Open File Explorer and head to \\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office 12 folder
- Now click on scanpst.exe and browse to choose the damaged .pst file.
- Click on Start repairing it.
- As soon as the error gets fixed, you will receive a message repair complete.
4. Run SFC scan to fix Microsoft Outlook error 0x800CCC1A
- Go to Search and type Command or CMD.
- Open it with administrative rights.
- A black window with a blinking cursor will pop up.
- Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
- Now the scan is starting, and all the errors will get fixed automatically if any gets found.
- Restart Microsoft Outlook and check if the send-receive error occurs again.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.