Issue: How to fix Microsoft Teams not launching?
Hello. For some reason, the Microsoft Teams app is not launching on my Windows computer. How do I fix this?
The Microsoft Teams app is a platform for collaboration and communication that combines chat, video conferencing, file sharing, and other features. Individuals and organizations use it to collaborate and stay connected. However, some Windows users have reported that the Microsoft Teams app does not launch. This can happen for a variety of reasons, including compatibility issues, outdated software, or incorrect installation.
The inability to launch the Teams app can cause missed opportunities and a lack of collaboration among team members. Users, for example, may be unable to attend important meetings, resulting in missed opportunities and decreased productivity. Teams is also frequently used as a central storage location for files and information. Users may be unable to access important files and documents they require to complete their work if they are unable to access the app.
This problem can be resolved by running the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and repairing or resetting the app in Windows Settings. Users may be able to resolve the issue by reinstalling the app or using the Teams web app instead in some cases.
In this guide, you will find 6 steps that should help you fix Microsoft Teams not launching. Keep in mind that the manual troubleshooting process can be lengthy. Instead, you can try using a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, registry issues, or clear cookies and cache. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
- Press the Windows key + I to open Windows Settings
- Select the System section and scroll down until you see Troubleshoot and click on it
- Click on Other troubleshooters to see more troubleshooters available on your computer
- Scroll down at the bottom until you see Windows Store Apps
- Click on Run to start the troubleshooting process
- Wait until the process is complete
Solution 2. End Microsoft Teams tasks
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager
- Go to the Processes tab
- Check if there is a task related to Microsoft Teams running in the background
- If yes, right-click on the Teams task and choose End task
- End all Microsoft Teams tasks
- Try opening the app and check if the problem is resolved
Solution 3. Repair or Reset Teams
- Launch the Windows Settings app
- Go to Apps > Apps & features
- Locate Microsoft Teams
- Click on Advanced options
- Click on Repair, wait for the process to finish, and check if the issue is solved
- If not, press the Reset button and check again
Solution 4. Use System Restore
System Restore is a feature in Microsoft Windows that allows users to revert their computer's state to a previous point in time. This can be helpful if you have made changes to your system that are causing problems.
- Go to the Start menu, type restore, and click on Create a restore point
- Click System Restore, then follow the prompts until you can select a restore point
- Select the one you want (ideally before the issue started occurring) and go ahead with the process
Solution 5. Use Teams Web (workaround)
If the problem persists, you can use the web app version of Microsoft Teams
- To access Teams in a web browser, open a modern browser like Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox
- Enter the URL for the Teams web app, sign in to your account, and start using Teams in the browser
Solution 6. Reinstall Microsoft Teams
- Make sure Microsoft Teams is closed and not running in the background
- Type Teams in the Windows Search Menu
- Right-click on Microsoft Teams and click on Uninstall
- Wait until the uninstallation is complete
- Now, open your browser and navigate to the official download page of Microsoft Teams
- Click on Download for Desktop
- Right-click on the downloaded executable and choose Run as administrator
- Microsoft Teams will automatically open once the UWP installation is complete
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.