Issue: How to fix missing wintool.exe error?
Hi to all. I have a problem and can’t find any help online. When I attempt to run applications on the system, I receive a pop-up saying “wintool.exe file is missing”. It seems that the error affects random applications because some of the apps can be opened, while the others do not. Please tell me how to fix that?
Wintool.exe is an executable file, which is employed for the execution of various diverse functions and operations on the operating system. One of its main functions is to run system programs. While non-IT person perspective the opening of any application does not seem to be an intricate process, in fact, it requires lots of system resources and involves lots of components. Executable files, such as Wintool.exe, are very important in this part as they contain programmatic source codes and carry responsibility for calling the other needed programs, such as dynamic link libraries. For example, Microsoft Word consists of various files the core of which is Winword.exe. This file calls a host of other DLL files (dynamic link libraries), which perform a bunch of tasks and create Microsoft Word as such.
Wintool.exe is one of the executable files, meaning that it’s a core of certain applications running on Windows OS. Unfortunately, but Missing Wintool.exe File is a problem known for many years as it was common on older Windows versions and, unfortunately, did not disappear with Windows 10. In the majority of the cases, Wintool.exe error message shows up during the installation or launching of a particular application. One way or another, it means that there is a software conflict, which prevents needed software from being installed or launched. The possible Wintool.exe error pop-up:
This application failed to start because wintool.exe was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
Cannot find [PATH]\wintool.exe
The file wintool.exe is missing.
Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: wintool.exe. Please install [APPLICATION] again.
wintool.exe Not Found
The immediate response to the Missing Wintool.exe File error should be the run of professional software utility that is capable of checking registries, system files, irrelevant software, malware, and similar. For this purpose, you can rely on Reimage. Click on this link, download the tool and follow the setup to launch it. Once the scan will be completed, Reimage will inform you what issues have been found on your Windows OS. In case removing those issues did not fix Wintool.exe error, try the following instructions:
Fix 1. Use first opinion anti-malware
First of all, run a scan with the first option (not third-party) anti-malware tool. It might be that wintool.exe Not Found error is triggered by a virus.
Fix 2. Check system files
- Right-click on Win key to open menu bar and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- Now the system should automatically scan and fix all issues related to system files.
Fix 3. Boot into Safe Mode
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Click Start and select Shutdown.
- Then click Restart and OK.
- When the Windows startup window shows up, press F8 until you see Advanced Boot Options window.
- Click Safe Mode with Networking.
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Click Power button and press Shift key.
- Select Restart and the Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options and select Startup Settings.
- Finally, select Restart.
Fix 4. Try Clean Boot
- Open search, type System Configuration, and press Enter.
- Go to the Services, select Hide all Microsoft services and then Disable all.
- Open Startup tab and select Task Manager.
- Mark all items and click Disable.
- Once done, exit Task Manager.
- On the System Configuration dialogue box, click OK.
- To finish, restart the system.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: