Issue: How to fix "MSI.CentralServer.exe is abnormal" error in Windows?
Hello. Recently, I often started receiving the “MSI.CentralServer.exe is abnormal” error in Windows. Is there any way to fix this?
The MSI.CentralServer.exe file is an executable that runs the MSI Center platform. All exclusive features offered by MSI are available through this app, including different Gaming Modes and Smart Priority, fan speed control, easy image tagging with Smart Image Finder, and much more. However, in recent months many users have reported encountering an error message reading “MSI.CentralServer.exe is abnormal” in Windows systems.
It is unknown why exactly this error appears. Most likely, it occurs because of corrupted files. Application files usually get corrupted during the installation process. In this guide, you will find 5 steps that should help you fix “MSI.CentralServer.exe is abnormal” error in Windows. Some of the possible solutions include restarting the MSI Center Service and using the application repair function in Windows.
Keep in mind that the manual troubleshooting process can be lengthy. To avoid it, you can use a maintenance tool like RestoroMac Washing Machine X9. It can automatically fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Additionally, it can clear cookies and cache which should increase the performance of your device. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
Method 1. Restart MSI Center Service
Windows Services are core components of the Microsoft Windows operating system and enable the creation and management of long-running processes. If the service responsible for the MSI Center is malfunctioning, you may experience unwanted symptoms. Try restarting it to see if it helps:
- Click on Start, search for Services, and open it
- Scroll down to find the MSI Center Service
- Right-click on the service and select Restart
- Check if the issue is resolved
Method 2. Repair MSI Center
In Windows, you can repair some apps and programs if they are not running correctly:
- Press the Windows key + I to open Settings
- Navigate to Apps, then go to Installed Apps and find MSI Center
- Scroll down and click on Repair
Method 3. Run MSI Center as an Admin
- Right-click on the MSI.CentralServer.exe shortcut file on your device
- Click on Properties
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab
- Check the option Run this program as an administrator
- Click on OK to save changes
Method 4. Troubleshoot in Clean Boot Mode
A Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your program
- Click on the Start menu, search for System Configuration and open it
- Navigate to the General tab and check the Selective Startup option and the Load System Services Option under it
- Navigate to the Services tab and check the option Hide all Microsoft services
- Click on Disable all at the bottom right corner and hit Apply then Ok to save changes
- If MSI Center runs smoothly in Clean Boot State, manually enable one process after the other and see which culprit creates problems for you
- Once you have identified it, you need to disable or uninstall the software that causes the problem
Method 5. Reinstall MSI Center
If none of the above methods helped in solving the issue, you should try reinstalling MSI Center and see if it gets rid of the “MSI.CentralServer.exe is abnormal” error.
- Click on the Start menu and open Settings
- Open Apps, and locate Dragon Center or MSI Center
- Click on it, and select Uninstall
- Next, you have to find the MSI SDK tool and Uninstall it
- Now, go to the official MSI website to download MSI Center
- Click on the Download button and proceed with the on-screen instructions
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.
- ^ Chris Hoffman. Everything You Need To Know About the Blue Screen of Death. Howtogeek. Technology Magazine.
- ^ Tim Fisher. What Is the Windows Registry?. Lifewire. Software and Apps.
- ^ Difference between Cache and Cookies. Geeksforgeeks. IT Education.