Issue: How to fix NET Framework error "Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application"?
Hello. Every time I leave my Windows PC on Sleep Mode and came back, I receive the NET Framework error. What should I do?
.NET Framework is a software development framework for building and running applications on Windows. It includes a large class library called Framework Class Library (FCL) and provides language interoperability (each language can use code written in other languages) across several programming languages.
Recently, some users reported receiving a NET Framework error in Windows – “Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application.” The full error message reads as follows:
Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.
External component has thrown an exception.
It is unknown what exactly causes the NET Framework error. It could appear because of missing Windows updates or corrupted system files, etc. In this guide, you will find 6 steps that should help you fix “Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application” error message.
However, if you want to avoid a lengthy troubleshooting process, you can use a maintenance tool like RestoroMac Washing Machine X9. It can automatically fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Install Windows Updates
- Click Settings from your start menu and click Update & Security
- Choose Windows Upgrade from the left panel and click the Check for updates button, and then your computer will check for, download, and install any updates found
Solution 2. Repair Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Solution 3. Update Graphics Drivers
- Open Device Manager and expand the Display Adapters tab
- Right-click on your graphics driver and select Update Driver
- Press on Search Automatically for Drivers
- If a graphic driver update is available, install it and then restart your PC
- Upon restart, launch the Modern Warfare game and check if it fixed the issue.
- You may also use a dedicated utility like DriverFix that ca find the best drivers for your machine and install them automatically
Solution 4. Install the latest DirectX version
- Visit the DirectX download page on Microsoft's site
- Select your preferred language from the drop-down box and then choose Download to save the setup file to your computer
- Open the dxwebsetup.exe file and complete the DirectX installation by proceeding with the on-screen instructions
- Restart your computer
- Check if the problem was solved
Solution 5. Uninstall the Affected Program
If the error appears when you are trying to launch a specific application, try to uninstall it to see if it fixes the issue. Some people report that after uninstalling “Bixby” the NET Framework error disappeared.
- Go to Apps & Features
- Find the application in the list
- Click on it and press Uninstall
Solution 6. Repair Install Windows
- Download the Windows 10 ISO file
- Now mount the ISO file
- Double-click on the file setup.exe to start the repair, install from the mounted drive
- When the installation provides the License Terms, read them and click Accept
- Windows 10 will now check for updates and will install the ones available
- When all is set, click Install
- When the installation is complete, follow the on-screen instructions
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.
- ^ .NET Framework. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- ^ Chris Hoffman. Everything You Need To Know About the Blue Screen of Death. Howtogeek. Tech Insight Magazine.
- ^ Tim Fisher. What Is the Windows Registry?. Lifewire. Software and Apps.