Issue: How to Fix Not Working Win + X Menu Shortcut on Windows 10?
I’ve upgraded to Windows 10 several months ago. Since then, I noticed that the menu shortcuts are a bit laggy. Today the Win + X menu shortcut stopped working completely. Could you please tell me how to fix that?
Microsoft improved Windows operating system significantly. Comparing it with Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8 would not be correct because every new version is better than the old one. Today Windows 10 offers its users many new features, such as updated Settings applet, Gaming platform, many customization options, including Power User Menu. To open access to Apps and Features, Power Options, Event Viewer, Command Prompt, Settings, File Explorer, and other services, people can click Win + X shortcut or right-click Win key. Unfortunately, people who have upgraded from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10 often encounter a problem when Win + X menu shortcut stops working. There may be many different reasons why WinX menu isn’t working, so you’ll have to try many fixes to find the one corresponding to your problem.
Fixing Not Working Win + X Menu Shortcut
There are many different methods to fix WinX menu, which stopped working. Go through the list of fixes and we are sure that one of them will definitely helpt you:
Remove QuickSFV and AirDroid apps
QuickSFV and AirDroid apps add items into context menu, which is why it Win + X menu shortcut may stop working. Therefore, to fix the problem, try to uninstall these two apps. For this purpose, navigate to Control Panel –> Programs and Features. Select the QuickSFV app and click Uninstall. Do the same with the AirDroid. If uninstalling these programs did not solve the problem, then you are free to reinstall them if needed.
Copy WinX folder to your profile
- Navigate to the C:\\Users\\Default\\AppData\\Local\\Microsoft\\Windows folder.
- Find the WinX folder, right-click it and select copy or click it and press Ctrl + C hotkey.
- Now press Windows key + R, enter the %localappdata% command and press Enter.
- Navigate to the Microsoft\\Windows\\ folder and paste the WinX folder there.
Modify Windows Registry Entries
This method applies for people who remember initiating some shortcut changes using Windows Registry. These modifications might have triggered WinX menu error, so to check and fix that please follow the steps give below. By the way, even if you don’t remember initiating such changes, we would recommend checking the registry anyway in case you made some changes accidentally or someone else did that for you:
- Press Windows key + R, type regedit, and press Enter.
- Use the left pane to navigate to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\\piffile key.
- On the right, you should see an available IsShortcut key.If this particular key have been modified, it might have triggered Win+X menu error. Therefore, if you have renamed the IsShortcut key, rename it back.
- Now navigate to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\\lnkfile key and do the same with the IsShortcut key.
- Finally, reboot PC.
Install a language pack
- Press Windows key + I and select Time & Language.
- Open Region & Language and click on Add a language.
- Select the language that you want to add.
- Once added, click the language and select Set as default.
Please inform us if any of the Win + X menu fixes helped you.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services like Netflix, BBC, Disney+ and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless where you are
Recover your lost files quickly
Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is a recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of important documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.