Issue: How to fix OneDrive is automatically deleting files?
Hello. I have an issue that is concerning me. I get these messages on my system, and it states that I recently deleted a ton of files. I haven't. I tried to restore files as it was the suggestion on the pop-up, but the restoring cannot happen. The notification comes back all the time. Do you know why OneDrive deletes files automatically out of nowhere? Please help me!
OneDrive is automatically deleting files out of nowhere is a frustrating issue. The problem can be caused by outdated drivers on Windows or operating system files that get corrupted. It can also be the result of an outdated or corrupted OneDrive client. Users complain about the problem when the message about deleted files occurs.
Other indications for the issue could be missing files when you open the OneDrive or random missing files from the machine. This issue is reported commonly on various Windows OS and macOS devices. It seems to affect versions of OneDrive, including Office 365.
The missing file might trigger severe issues, so this problem can lead to other issues with the performance and usage of the machine. Another annoying feature of this issue is the continuous reappearing of the message. It states that you recently removed files and offers you to remove them from OneDrive too. Unfortunately, the message indicates huge amounts of files – up to hundreds or thousands. Furthermore, none of those pieces were deleted by you.
Even though this pop-up message occurs repeatedly, you can fix OneDrive is automatically deleting files issue properly. Since the error can be associated with the failure of the hard disk to OneDrive/ windows parts, you need to gather more information and troubleshoot this problem.
When it comes to affected files or even buggy Windows updates, various file damage and alterations to your settings and preferences can trigger more crucial functions of the machine to crash. We offer you to run a tool that can indicate affected files and registry entries or different pieces and also solve the issue fully. Try ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 as the first step of this process. Then you can freely move on to the manual guide below with in-depth options. This is where data backup is important.
1. Check hard disk for bad sectors
- Search for cmd.
- Choose Command Prompt with administrative rights.
- Enter chdsk /f /r and hit Enter.
- Restart the PC after the process.
2. Update the OneDrive client
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program wonder Program.
- Right-click OneDrive app.
- Then click on the Change button.
- On the next window, select Online Repair.
- Click on the Repair button.
- Click on the Repair button again to start the process.
- Check if the issue is resolved.
3. Update windows operating system
- Type Updates in Windows search and press Enter.
- Click Check for updates.
- Install any available updates.
- Reboot your system.
4. Restore deleted files
- Backup your files from the system’s OneDrive folder to someplace safe.
- Right-click on the OneDrive icon in your system’s tray.
- Then click on Help and Settings.
- Select Settings and navigate to the Account tab.
- Click on Unlink This PC and then confirm to unlink the PC from OneDrive.
- Repeat the same process on all other PCs linked with the OneDrive account.
- Disconnect all your systems from the internet.
- Exit the OneDrive application.
- Check the recycle bin for those deleted files.
- If the files are not there, then open the OneDrive site and check the Recycle Bin there.
- If the deleted files belong to a shared folder, then check the recycle bin.
- You can restore those files when they are found.
- Check those restored files if all pieces are okay and no folder is empty.
- Back up those files or download them.
- Delete the files from the OneDrive folder on the affected PC and OneDrive web
- Then upload your downloaded/backup data to OneDrive web.
- Connect the affected system to the Internet.
- Open the OneDrive.
- Then login to the application.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.