Issue: How to fix “Power plan information is not available” on Windows 10?
Hello. Can you help gain access to the power plans and other options? I cannot change settings when the laptop gets shut down by closing the lid. It says that power plan information is unavailable, the access is denied. I am not able to change any power plan options. Do you have any solutions for this?
“Power plan information is not available” on Windows is the issue that occurs on the machine with the full error message and can be found on Windows 8 machines as well as on Windows 10 OS running devices. Users report that power options are not displayed, so changes cannot be made. The administrator or user accounts provide no difference, and these issues persist.
Usually, you can choose what happens when your device sleeps, when you power off the machine. You can manage programs and personal information properly. However, the error keeps you from taking care of the business machine or the personal device. Troubleshooting such issues can help to indicate what is the cause of the problem but not every troubleshooting ends up with additional information.
The error can be fixed with a simple reboot of the machine or OS update, driver renewal, for example. However, these simple solutions work for only some people. There is always an opportunity that some leftovers of malware triggered issues with the system, so the “Power plan information is not available” on Windows 10 appeared with these messages:
Your power plan information is unavailable. Access is denied
However, either infection triggered or direct damage to your system files needs to get fixed. You can rely on an application like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 and find, check, repair any files on system folders that lead to issues with functions or performance. Other solutions for the problem can involve updates of the Windows OS because faulty upgrade leads to issues with settings and features.
Do not skip the steps listed below and try to fix “Power plan information is not available” on Windows by following the instructions thoroughly. There are a few options because this issue occurs in different scenarios due to various reasons. If the troubleshooting is not indicating the particular root cause – trust this guide.
1. Run Windows Update troubleshooter
- Go to Settings.
- Then click Update & Security.
- Click Troubleshooting.
- Then click Advanced troubleshooter on the panel.
- Click on Windows Update.
- Then Run the troubleshooting.
2. Troubleshoot Power issues
- Press the Windows key on the keyboard.
- Find the Gear icon and go to Settings.
- Update & Security.
- Then Additional troubleshooters.
- Click on Power click.
- Next – run the troubleshooter.
3. Alter the registry
- Press Win Key + R to launch the Run sequence.
- In the Run box, type regedit and press Enter.
- The Registry Editor will then be displayed on your computer.
- From the left panel of the main window, navigate to:
- Right-click on the MUI key and select New then Key.
- Name the new key StringCacheSettings.
- On the right panel, right-click on an empty space and select New -> DWORD value with the StringCacheGeneration value name.
- At this point, click on the newly created value and change its value data to 38b and check the Hexadecimal box; in the end, click on OK.
- Restart your computer.
4. Reset power plans to default
- Search for CMD.
- Choose the Command Prompt (Admin).
- In the command prompt, type
- Hit Enter.
- Exit command prompt.
5. Run a full system scan
- Hold down Windows logo key.
- Type security.
- Select Virus & threat protection.
- Click the link Scan options.
- Choose Full scan.
- Scan now.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.