Issue: How to fix Raw Socket error 10013 in Windows?
Hello, I have tried running IPconfig/renew command via elevated Command Prompt and I received an error which reads: Error: 1013, An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permission. Please advise on how to resolve this, thank you.
Users have experienced the “An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions” error (Raw socket error 10013) when attempting to execute ipconfig/renew command on CMD or upon commencement of an Apache server. All affected users reported that this issue arose after they installed Windows automatic update, suggesting that it could be responsible for the problem at hand.
The error code 10013 is generally due to a firewall or antivirus blocking needed socket connections. This presents itself as an unreachable port, resulting in the Raw Socket Error 10013 message. In order to resolve this issue and regain access, it is essential to identify & disable any problematic security software so that all ports are freely accessible. Disabling Firewall might be one of the solutions that could help you too.
In other cases, users also reported that they received the error whenever they were trying to use certain commands in Command Prompt when trying to resolve issues with network connections.
Enabling Internet Sharing opens up many protocols, such as HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, IMAP or others, to all computers on the network. However if a socket cannot be accessed due to port blocking issues then this can lead to difficulties. To fix Raw Socket Error 10013 error, you must disable the Internet Connection Sharing Service from your Service Manager.
We provide all the manual solutions for these particular problems below, although we strongly advise running a PC repair software FortectMac Washing Machine X9 in this situation, as there could be underlying Windows issues causing this problem, for example, damaged system files or corrupted files after malware removal.
Fix 1. Disable third-party antivirus
When you experience this issue, the first action to take is to determine if a third-party antivirus may be blocking certain ports used by your local host. An overprotective firewall can be the source of this error. To solve it, simply uninstall or disable third-party software such as Avast, AVG, Kaspersky, etc., and see whether that resolves the problem.
Fix 2. Disable Internet Connection Sharing
As mentioned, Connection Sharing Service could be one of the main reasons for the error 10013. To disable it, you need to access Services as follows:
- Type Services in Windows search and press Enter
- In the Services window, scroll down to locate Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) and double-click the entry
- Find the Startup type section
- Click on the drop-down menu and select Disabled.
Fix 3. Restart Internet Information Services (IIS)
Restarting IIS service will kill the Internet services and remove its related data, which can help you resolve the Raw Socket error 10013 error.
- Type cmd in Windows search
- Right-click on Command Prompt result and select Run as administrator
- When User Account Control (UAC) shows up, click Yes
- In the new window, copy and paste the following command, pressing Enter after:
- Wait for the command to be completed.
Fix 4. Temporarily disable Firewall
- Type in Control Panel in Windows search and press Enter
- Go to System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall
- Press Turn Windows Firewall On or Off option
- If required, enter your administrator password and press OK
- Then set Windows Firewall off of both private and public network
- Click OK to save the changes and close everything.
Fix 5. Try System Restore
You can return your machine in time before the problems began:
- Type in Create a Restore Point in Windows search and hit Enter
- Click System Restore
- Pick Choose a different restore point (if available) and click Next
- Mark the Show more restore points checkbox
- Select the point in time when the problem did not exist
- Click Next and Finish – your computer will restart.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.