Issue: How to fix SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE error in Firefox?
Hello. I cannot connect to some websites when using Firefox, and I receive the SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE error. Is there a way to fix this?
Mozilla Firefox is a free and open-source web browser created in 2002. In 2012, Mozilla was recognized as the most trusted Internet company for privacy. As of 2022, Firefox is the fourth-most popular desktop web browser after Google Chrome.
However, as with many other browsers, people can encounter various errors while trying to access websites. Users report receiving a SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE error in Firefox when trying to view certain websites. Browser errors can appear due to many reasons.
Sometimes they are caused by connection problems, web address typos, and problems with the website itself. However, the SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE error seems to be caused by the incorrect Date & Time settings on the computer. In this guide, you will find instructions that will teach you 3 ways to adjust the date, time, and time zone in Windows.
In such cases, a maintenance tool like RestoroMac Washing Machine X9 can be very useful. It can automatically clear cookies and cache with a click of a button, which makes the process way faster. Besides, this powerful software can fix various system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues which is especially helpful. Otherwise, you can follow the step-by-step guide provided below.
Adjust Date, Time, and Time Zone in Windows
- Open Settings
- Click on Time & Language and go to Date & time
- Turn on the Set time zone automatically toggle switch
- Open Settings and click on Time & Language
- Click on Date & time
- Turn off the Set time zone automatically toggle switch
- Use the Time zone drop-down menu and select the correct zone setting
Using Command Prompt:
- Open the Start menu and search for Command Prompt
- Select the Run as administrator option
- Type the following command to confirm the current time zone and press Enter:
- Type the following command and note the time zone that you want to use and press Enter:
- Type the following command to set the new time zone and press Enter
:tzutil /s “Line Islands Standard Time”
- In the command, make sure to change “Line Islands Standard Time” with the correct time zone that you need
- Type the following command to confirm the time zone was updated successfully and press Enter:
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.
- ^ Chris Hoffman. Everything You Need To Know About the Blue Screen of Death. Howtogeek. Technology Magazine.
- ^ Tim Fisher. What Is the Windows Registry?. Lifewire. Software and Apps.