Issue: How to fix Secure Connection Failed?
Hi there! I was browsing with my Firefox browser app and tried to enter a certain page when a window popped out and prevented access to the wanted website. The message claimed that the “Secure Connection Failed”. What can I do about it? Thank you.
Secure Connection Failed error is a common problem for Firefox users and also it sometimes occurs on Google Chrome. Sometimes this window might appear when you truly are wanting to enter a bogus source and the error message just tries to prevent you from going there and warns you of possible security issues if the site is entered.
However, some variants of the Firefox web browser application or Google Chrome might drop the Secure Connection Failed error message due to various different reasons and struggles that have occurred along your way while carrying out browser sessions. Some corrupted software or wrong browser settings, e.g. SSL, might be preventing the browser from loading a web page.
If you still badly need to enter a website which Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome is preventing you from accessing, there are some fixes that you can try. Take a look down below and you will find different methods on how to fix Secure Connection Failed error code. These instructions are suitable for both web browser applications.
How to fix Secure Connection Failed?
If you are keen on learning how to fix Secure Connection Failed on your machine, you have come to the right place. Our security experts have done some research on this error code and discovered some fixing methods that might be helpful for you. Additionally, you can always use automatical computer software for identifying the problem source. A tool such as Reimage might locate some corrupted files or other content that has been preventing you from accessing a website.
Fix Secure Connection Failed on Mozilla Firefox:
Method no 1. Check SSL settings in your browser
- Launch your web browser application and type About:Config in the new tab bar.
- Afterward, hit Enter.
- Find the search box section and put security.ssl.enable_ocsp_stapling text in it.
- If you discover that the value field section is set to true, you need to change it to false.
- Do that might double-clicking it.
After you perform all of these steps, check if the method has helped you to fix Secure Connection Failed. If you still cannot access your wanted website, the problem supposedly is not here. For this, continue with the following techniques.
Method no 2. Visit the Proxy Settings sector
- Launch your web browser and locate the menu (three dots or lines in the upper right corner of your browser window).
- Locate the Tools section and go for the feature that says Option.
- Afterward, go to the Advanced section and select the Network option.
- Click on Settings that is placed in the Connection section.
- Later on, a Connection Setting window will pop up. Once this happens, check if the Manual Proxy Connection option is chosen there.
- If yes, review all data once again and press OK. If not, do not make any modifications.
Fix Secure Connection Failed on Google Chrome:
Method no 1. Clean SSL state in Internet Properties
- Open Chrome and put chrome://settings/ text in the search bar. Hit Enter.
- Afterward, go for the Advanced section and opt for Open proxy settings.
- When the Internet Properties window appears, click on the Content tab.
- Select the option that says Clear SSL state.
If the Secure Connection Failed error code still occurs while trying to enter a particular website while using Google Chrome, the problem might be somewhere else and not with the SSL state. If you have tried this method and performed all instructing steps exactly as shown but they did not give any positive results, continue with Method no 2.
Method no 2. Deactivate the QUIC Protocol
- Launch Chrome and type chrome://flags/#enable-quic in the address bar.
- Afterward, hit Enter.
- You will supposedly see that the Experimental QUIC protocol is set as Default.
- Select the Default key and opt for the Disabled option that will appear in the dropdown menu.
Method 3. Try deleting browsing history
- Go to Google Chrome and locate the three dots on your upper right.
- Opt for More tools in the Menu section and select the Clear browsing data option.
- Once a dialogue box appears, go for the All time and Time range options.
- Click the empty checkboxes near Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- Opt for the Clear data key.
This method might help you to fix Secure Connection Failed error on your Google Chrome web browser as some undeleted cache and other content might be preventing your browsing sessions from operating properly. However, if this technique does not appear very result-brining to you, there is one more method you can try. Take a look down below.
Method 4. Check Data and Time settings
- Go to Windows Start and find Control Panel.
- Open this directory and go for Date and Time.
- Find the option that says Change date and time.
- Type in the current time and date.
- Hit OK two times.
Such technique might be helpful if your data and time are not synced together with the web server that you are trying to enter. However, if the problem is not here and you have tried all possible methods, the only way to try to get rid of Secure Connection Failed problem is to scan your system with automatical software.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services like Netflix, BBC, Disney+ and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless where you are
Recover your lost files quickly
Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is a recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of important documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.