Issue: How to Fix Security Error “This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine“ on Windows?
Long story short, a couple of month ago I’ve upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10. I had lots of performance issues with this OS and thought about going back to Win 7. Nevertheless, after fixing the last issue everything went smooth for quite a long time up till now. Yesterday, when I tried to run the setup file for Chrome, I received an error message that reads: “This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine.” The only option is to click “OK”. I’ve tried to boot Windows in Safe Mode and run the setup file again, but the same message occurred. Feeling frustrated. Could you please help?
Many people have encountered a Security Warning when trying to open a file, application or install a piece of software. The message reads: “This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine“. The pop-up error gives an “OK” option or “How do I unblock this option” link at the bottom. Unfortunately, but neither OK nor the link to the web browser really helps to solve the issue.
“This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine“ does not occur on Mac OS, but can pop-up on all Windows OS versions, including Windows 10, 8, 8.1 and older. According to Windows enthusiasts, this bug may occur due to several reasons. In case you are trying to run a setup file of particular software, you should better check if you haven’t installed that software previously. If that’s not the case, then the core may be related to organization of the system’s administrator, which blocks that particular publisher. Luckily, “This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine“ security error can be fixed quite easily. The following are the fixes:
Fix 1. Run an elevated Command Prompt
- Right-click on the file or application that you cannot run and select Properties.
- Find and copy its target.
- After that, click Win key or Start, type cmd, and press Enter.
- When a Command Prompt option shows up, right-click it, and select Run as Administrator.
- Paste the target you’ve just copied and press Enter.
- The program should open without “This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine“ pop-up.
Fix 2. Disable Untrusted Publishers option
- Right-click on Win key and select Control Panel.
- Select Network and Internet and navigate to Internet Options.
- After that, open Content and choose Certificates.
- Using the right pane, scroll down and select Untrusted Publishers.
- Mark the publisher of the software that you attempt to run and select Remove.
Fix 3. Run PC optimization tool
In case “This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine“ error shows up due to some system malfunctioning, you can also try to run a system scan with Reimage. That’s a quick and easy solution, which may help to fix “This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine“ bug and prevent similar problems in the future.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: