Issue: How to fix Streamlabs not launching in Windows?
Hello. I can't open the Streamlabs app on my Windows PC. How do I fix this?
Streamlabs is a popular streaming software that allows content creators and gamers to live stream their activities on platforms such as Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook Live. It offers a variety of features to improve the streaming experience and engage the audience. Its key features include customizable stream overlays, alert and chat box widgets, video and audio capture, and stream statistics analysis.
Streamlabs frequently fails to launch on Windows systems due to missing permissions or outdated drivers. Inadequate permissions can prevent software from accessing necessary system resources or from communicating with streaming platforms. Outdated drivers, particularly graphics drivers, can cause compatibility issues or prevent Streamlabs from efficiently utilizing the system's hardware, resulting in performance or stability issues during streaming sessions.
The inability to open Streamlabs can have a significant impact on users' ability to live stream and interact with their audience effectively. It throws off their streaming schedule, which could lead to disappointed viewers and a negative impact on their online presence. Due to the inability to deliver the intended content, streamers may miss out on important events, lose viewership, and experience a decrease in engagement.
Users can try a few different solutions to the problem of Streamlabs not opening. Checking and adjusting Streamlabs permissions to ensure it has the necessary access rights, updating drivers to the latest compatible versions, verifying software dependencies, disabling conflicting applications or services, and performing a clean reinstall of Streamlabs are examples of these.
In this guide, you will find 6 steps that should help you fix Streamlabs not launching in Windows. You can also try a repair tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. End the Streamlabs Process
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- Locate all Streamlabs' processes.
- Select each Streamlabs process individually.
- Click on End task for each selected process.
- Once all Streamlabs processes are ended, relaunch the program.
Solution 2. Run Streamlabs in Compatibility Mode
- Right-click on the app's launcher.
- Select Properties from the context menu.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Tick the checkbox for Run this program in compatibility mode for.
- Select a previous iteration of Windows from the dropdown menu.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Once the changes are saved, relaunch Streamlabs.
Solution 3. Allow Streamlabs through Firewall
- Press the Windows key + S to open Search.
- Type Control Panel in the text field and click on the relevant search result.
- Click on System and Security in the Control Panel.
- Under Windows Defender Firewall, click on Allow an app through Windows Firewall.
- Click on Change settings if prompted.
- Click the Allow another app button.
- Click on Browse.
- Navigate to the following path:
C:\Program Files\Streamlabs OBS.
- Choose the Streamlabs launcher and click on Open.
- Click on Add to add Streamlabs to the allowed apps.
- Make sure both the Private and Public checkboxes are ticked for Streamlabs.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Solution 4. Update the Graphics Driver
- Press the Windows key + X to open the Power User menu.
- Select Device Manager from the list.
- Expand the Display adapters option.
- Right-click on the graphics adapter.
- Select Update driver.
- Choose the option to Search automatically for drivers.
- Wait for Windows to find the best driver locally.
Solution 5. Uninstall recent Windows Updates
- Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Go to Windows Update from the navigation pane.
- Click on Update history.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on Uninstall updates.
- Locate the update after which the error first appeared.
- Click on Uninstall next to that update.
- Confirm the uninstallation when prompted.
- Finally, restart the computer to complete the process.
Solution 6. Reinstall Streamlabs
- Press the Windows key + R to open Run.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the text field and hit Enter.
- Select Streamlabs from the list of programs.
- Click on Uninstall and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Press the Windows key + R to open Run again.
- Paste %appdata% in the text field and click OK.
- Locate and delete the slobs-client and slobs-plugins folders.
- Restart the computer to apply the changes.
- Head to Streamlabs' official website.
- Download the setup file.
- Run the installer to reinstall the program.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.