Issue: How to fix "The computer restarted unexpectedly" error in Windows 10?
I tried installing Windows 10 on one my laptop. When the PC loads, “The computer restarted unexpectedly” message pops up and it freezes while loading. The error appears each time when I restart the system. I’m out of options. Where might the problem possibly be? Thanks in advance.
“The computer restarted unexpectedly” error occurs not only in Windows 10 but also in previous versions Windows 7, 8, etc. Each case is individual, so there are many theories about the cause of this error. Interrupted power supply might have triggered the phenomenon. Otherwise, it is likely that if attempted to install the Windows iso file, which was downloaded from questionable sources, the corrupted files might prevent you from upgrading to Windows 10. However, there is a simple solution to this problem. Take a look at the below instructions. If this method helps you successfully install the new edition, make sure your system is protected from all sorts of virtual threats. In that case, install Reimage.
Option 1. Run Registry Editor
- When “The computer restarted unexpectedly” error appears, click Shift + F10 on your keyboard. Command Prompt opens.
- Type regedit and hit Enter to initiate Registry Editor.
- Once Registry Editor launches, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\Status\ChildCompletion and double click the setup.exe in the right pane.
- Modify Value Data from 1 to 3 and click OK to apply changes.
- Exit Registry Editor and restart your computer.
Option 2. Perform a Clean Boot to identify problems
If you encounter temporal or recurring unidentifiable errors, there is an option of the clean boot. It works only in the case when you can fully access the operating system. Here is a guide how to run it:
- Click the Start button and type msconfig and click Enter. System Configuration Utility opens.
- Navigate to the General tab and choose Selective Startup.
- Remove the checkmark from Load Startup Items. Load System Services and Use Original boot configuration should be checked.
- In the Services tab, mark Hide All Microsoft Services and choose Disable All.
- Click Apply/Ok. The computer will restart shortly.
Note. To revert changes, uncheck Load System Services in the General tab. Complete the action by applying the changes.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: