Issue: How to fix “There was a slight hiccup and we couldn’t finish installing” error in EA app?
Hello. I have been trying to install a game from the EA app but I keep getting an error message “There was a slight hiccup and we couldn’t finish installing.” What should I do?
Electronic Arts is a video game company that develops and publishes games, including Battlefield, Need for Speed, The Sims, and many more. It has its' own subscription-based video game service EA Play. It is available for Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Microsoft Windows users.
While the EA app has nearly 13 million active players, not all of them have a smooth experience. Some people run into issues when trying to install new games on the EA app. “There was a slight hiccup and we couldn’t finish installing” is a message that appears when trying to download various games. The error is not related to any specific game as people have reported about it with a number of games, like FIFA 22, Battlefield 2042, etc.
It is not exactly clear why the message “There was a slight hiccup and we couldn’t finish installing” appears but it might be a minor glitch in the EA Play app that can hopefully be fixed by completing simple troubleshooting steps. However, if you want to keep your system running smoothly, a repair tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 will surely help. It can fix various system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues.
Method 1. Restart your PC
Restarting your Windows device may fix minor system issues so it is always worth a try.
- Click on the Windows logo button and choose Restart
Method 2. Download Another Game and Cancel
To fix the EA Play app glitch, try choosing another game to download. You can pick a free game like Apex Legends.
- Find a free game to download, and press the Download button
- Wait till the installation process begins and then click Cancel download
- Now go back to the game that you were having problems with, and try to download it again
Method 3. Log out of the EA app and Log in again
- Log out of your EA account
- Open the Task Manager by typing into the search
- Find EA Background Service in the list, right-click and choose End task
- Wait a few moments, open the EA Play app again and Log in
- Check if the issue persists
Method 4. Reinstall EA Play
- Type Apps & Features into the Windows search and click on the first result
- Find EA Play in the list, click on it, and choose Uninstall
- Now download the app again and check if the error is fixed
Method 5. Use Origin to Install the Game
You can try using the Origin app to download the game you want:
- Download Origin from the official website if you do not have it already
- Use the same username and password you use with EA Play to Log in
- Try downloading the problematic game
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.