Issue: How to Fix Touchpad not Working After Upgrading to Windows 10?
Hello all. Am I the only one experiencing the issue with the touchpad after Windows 10 upgrade??? I can’t manage to find any appropriate information how to go through this inconvenience. I’m using Lenovo laptop and recently installed Windows 10 OS. Immediately after that, my touchpad failed to work normally, i.e. it either does not react at all, sometimes slides in a slow motion or sometimes even goes to the opposite direction. Why is this happening? What should I do to fix this? Any help would be very appreciated!
While lots of people consider Windows 10 to be the greatest OS ever, the others, in the meanwhile, scold it for being a compilation of errors and inconsistencies. Both sides are telling the truth, let us say. That’s because Windows 10 exhibits plenty of useful features that you will not find anywhere else. However, countless number of errors about which people report every day very often doesn’t let people to enjoy those features. One of the common problem torturing Windows 10 users is related to touchpad, which is not working properly right after the update. People claim that touchpad became too sensitive, irresponsive, too slow or not working at all. That’s an annoying piece of bug, and, although it touches laptop users only, there are thousands of people who have ran into this problem. Therefore, we will provide manual removal guide explaining what should be done to fix touchpad not working on Windows 10 issue.
How to Fix Touchpad not Working After Upgrading to Windows 10?
To start with, you should check if touchpad is enabled. It might be that touchpad was disabled during the update process for some reason.
- Go to Start and open Settings.
- Select Devices and then Mouse & Touchpad.
- At the bottom of the screen, find Additional mouse options.
- On the right pane, select ELAN or Device Settings option.
- If you see that the touchpad is disabled, enable it and click OK to save the changes.
In case you touchpad has been enabled, then try to fix it manually.
Update system drivers
- Click on Win key and select Control Panel.
- Select Device Manager and click on the Update Driver Software option.
- After that, the system will automatically search for available driver updates and install them automatically.
- After that, go to Mice and other pointing devices.
- Locate the name of your touchpad, right-click on it, and select Update Driver Software.
- Hopefully, system will detect the update automatically. Otherwise, you will have to browse the net and find the latest update for your touchpad driver by yourself. It’s advisable to install the driver on your laptop’s manufacturer website.
- If needed, download and run the update automatically.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.