Issue: How to Fix "Unable to Read from Disk - Error Code 1117" Error on Windows?
I have attempted to perform a backup on Windows. But the following message appears: “Backup aborted! – Unable to read from disk – Error Code 1117 – The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.” Any ideas how to fix?
Unable to read from disk – Error Code 1117 error is associated with Macrium Reflect program. With the help of shadow volume copies, this tool helps Window OS users to create the system and disk images and file backups. The need of such software is becoming more relevant for users who want to make extra guarantees that their data could be restored if their devices are plagued by crypto-malware. The tool provides several choices for creating backups and copies. However, the process of performing backup copies may not always go smoothly. “Backup aborted! – Unable to read from disk – Error Code 1117” error is one of the examples. Thus, it is necessary to identify the issue to solve it properly. Users may also encounter similar message shown not only by Macrium Reflect but displayed by Windows OS as well. Take a look the following problem solution methods.
Option 1. Reinstall Macrium Reflect
This is the first option you might do if the alert solely pops up after attempting to create a system image with this tool.
Option 2. Check for errors in the partition
Step 1. Check for the errors in the partition
- Right-click on the partition and click Properties.
- Select Tools section.
- Click Check. This integrated tool scans for system errors within the disk.
Step 2. Use Command Prompt
- You may as well check for errors with Command Prompt tool.
- Click Windows+R button.
- In the prompt box, type cmd and hit Enter.
- Type sfc /scannow and click Enter.
- Wait for the process to end.
Step 3. Check the disk Command Prompt
You may also launch Command Prompt as administrator.
1. Click Start button and type cmd.
2. Right-click on the entry and select Run as Administrator.
3. Paste this entry:
chkdsk /r /f
4. During the process, you may be asked: “Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time your system restarts?”. If you press Y, this check-up for errors will launch every time you attempt data to create a backup.
Option 3. Scan the device with a cyber security tool
It is crucial to ensure that no malicious entity interferes with backup processes. For that purpose, you may use Reimage.
Option 4. Restore Macrium Reflect defaults
Since the error might occur due to high I/O loads, launch the Task Manager and see what consumes large amounts of CPU memory. Terminate all unnecessary tasks. Then, enable write caching.
- Launch Macrium Reflect and choose Other Tasks > Edit Defaults.
- Select the Advanced category.
- Navigate to the Advanced Backup Options.
- Check Enable file write caching box.
- Click OK to apply changes.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.