Issue: How to fix “Video driver crashed and was reset” error on ARK: Survival Evolved?
Hello, all. I’m a devoted gamer of ARK: Survival Evolved. However, for the last few weeks I have an irritating problem, which I don’t know how to solve. When I try to play a game, I get the following error message: “Video driver crashed and was reset! Make sure your video drivers are up to date.” It seems that I’m not the only gamer having this problem.
“Video driver crashed and was reset” is an error message encountered by many gamers of the ARK: Survival Evolved game. It’s an action-adventure survival video game, which has been developed in August 2017 by Studio Wildcard in collaboration with Instinct Games, Efecto Studios, and Virtual Basement. The game is compatible with PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, OS X and Linux.
Although hundreds of thousands of people are interested in this game and opt for trying it, it costs a considerable amount of money. Moreover, the game is extremely demanding and requiring High settings. Therefore, before buying it, make sure that the specificities of your device are good enough to run ARK epic games.
If you have been playing the game for some time and received the “Video driver crashed and was reset” error during the game play, it might be that the video driver got corrupt or out-of-date, so you should update it in the first place.
However, many people (using Windows 10 OS mainly) reported that the driver update did not resolve the issue. In this post, we will provide several methods that can help you to fix “Video driver crashed and was reset” error before Studio Wildcard releases the patch. Here’s what you can try:
Method 1. Update display drivers
Since the error message itself indicates the culprit of the error – video driver – it goes without saying that updating display drivers could be the right solution.
- Right-click on Windows key and select Device Manager.
- Expand Display Adapters section and click Intel HD Graphics driver.
- Select Update Driver. Do the same with the NVIDIA GeForce driver.
- After that, reboot the system.
Method 2. Re-install display drivers
The problem is that updating display drivers did not help for most of the ARK gamers. The next step in resolving this problem would be to re-install graphics driver.
- Right-click on Windows key and select Device Manager.
- Expand Display Adapters section and click on the display driver.
- Select Uninstall and follow the uninstall wizard. Reboot is needed after uninstalling.
- When the system fully boots up, open Device Manager as explained above.
- Click on Actions button and select Scan for hardware changes button.
- Now the system should automatically detect the missing driver. If the scan failed, you can install the missing driver manually from the manufacturer's website.
Method 3. Change the launch options of your game
The culprit of the “Video driver crashed and was reset” error may be the game itself as it burdens the PC, which cannot run it smoothly. Thus, you should try to change the launch options of your game:
- Launch Steam and open Library.
- Right-click on the Ark: Survival Evolved and select Properties.
- Click on Set launch options and enter the -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -sm4 -d3d10 -nomansky -lowmemory –novsync command in the text box.
- Click OK and close the Properties window.
- Now try to play the game and check if that helped.
Method 4. Increase GPU processing time
- Press Windows key + R, type regedit, and press Enter.
- Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\GraphicsDrivers directory on the left.
- Find the TdrDelay DWORD. If it’s not available, right-click on an empty space and select New -> DWORD.
- Name it TdrDelay.
- Double-click on TdrDelay DWORD and change its value from 2 to 8.
- Finally, reboot your PC.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.
- ^ Kelly Packard. ARK: Survival Evolved Review. TrueAchievements. Gaming news, latest producst, reviews, and discussions.
- ^ Greg Coomer. Building the Best PC for ARK: Survival Evolved. Logical Increments. Solutions for PC building problems.
- ^ How do I install the latest video drivers on my computer?. Computer Hope. Get free technical assitance and learn more about computers.