Issue: How to fix vmconnect.exe crash error in Windows?
Hello. After updating Windows 11 22H2, the vmconnect.exe crashes when clicking the connection information button. How do I fix this?
Vmconnect.exe, an exe file associated with Windows VMWare, can be problematic when users click on the “connection information” or “connection status” button- as many have reported. The application crashing and immediately exiting is incredibly frustrating and disruptive to any work being done at the time. So we understand how vital it is to quickly find a fix for this issue.
Some said that Windows crashed with vmconnect.exe error every minute, while others said it only happened once a day or even less frequently. However, the root cause of this error is still unknown. Some suggest that it might be related to the .NET Framework which is a software development framework for building and running applications on Windows.
The .NET Framework includes a large class library called the Framework Class Library (FCL), and it allows different languages to work together. The crash could also be caused by damaged system files. Regardless of the culprit, in this guide, you will find 5 steps that we hope will help you fix vmconnect.exe crash error in Windows.
Keep in mind that the manual troubleshooting process can be lengthy. You can use a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can automatically fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Method 1. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Method 2. Run the Framework Repair Tool
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool from Official Microsoft Download Center
- Launch the repair tool and follow the on-screen prompts
- Then restart the system
Method 3. Reinstall .Net Framework
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box
- Type optionalfeatures, and press Enter
- Select the .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) check box, select OK
- Reboot your computer if prompted
Method 4. Use System Restore
- Go to the Start menu, type
restore, and click on Create a restore point
- Click System Restore, then follow the prompts until you can select a restore point
- Select the one you want (ideally before the vmconnect.exe crash started) and go ahead with the process
Method 5. Reinstall Windows
- Download the ISO file for Windows 11 from the official Microsoft website by clicking Download Now under Create Windows 11 Installation Media
- Launch the program, select Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC
- Choose Language, Version, Architecture(if you are not sure about these, choose Use the recommended options for this PC
- Select ISO file in the Select Media to Use interface, and then a windows ISO file will be downloaded to your disk (about 4-5GB in size, it is recommended that you choose a non-system disk)
- Choose to override the system
- After the download is completed, double-click the ISO file, and launch setup.exe in the file explorer
- Select Change how Windows Installer downloads updates
- Press Download updates, drivers and optional features
- Select Keep personal files and apps after accepting the terms of the agreement, then click Next and Install
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.