Issue: How to fix WebCam error code 0xA00F4246 on Windows 10?
Hello. I have a strange issue on my laptop. My front WebCam does not respond and always shows an error code : 0xA00F4246 (0x80040154). I’ve looked for its update, but no WebCam updates available. I’m using Asus K56C, which runs Windows 10. Please help me!
Error Code 0xA00F4246 (0x80040154) is yet another Windows 10 system bug, which means that WebCam is malfunctioning and, therefore, cannot be used. According to the latest research, it may happen if the WebCam driver goes corrupt or damaged.
In addition, many people have pointed out that 0xA00F4246 error started occurring after Windows 10 rolled out the latest Cumulative Update. Therefore, it’s advisable to check what Windows 10 updates have been installed on your system, and if the dates of the most recent update installed and the occurrence of 0xA00F4246 error code emergence coincide, you may try to restore your PC/laptop to the date before the update or uninstall it.
However, despite undoing Windows 10 Updates, there are other 0xA00F4246 error fixes that were approved to be working by hundreds of people who confronted with this WebCam bug.
Something went wrong
If you need it, here’s the error code: 0xA00F4246 (0x80040154)
Fix 1. Fix 0xA00F4246 (0x80040154) Error on Windows 10 by updating Windows
While often 0xA00F4246 bug is triggered by Windows 10 updates and the most evident solution for this issue would be deleting the update, some people reported that they have managed to fix 0xA00F4246(0x887A0004) error by installing the latest Windows update.
- Right-click on Start button and pick Settings
- Go to Update & Security
- Click on Check for updates
- Let Windows download and install updates automatically
- Restart your machine
Fix 2. Give apps the permission to use camera
If you are confronting with an error code 0xa00f4246 something went wrong and the camera app not working, then you should check the settings in case your applications are not provided with permission to use the camera app. If that’s the case, simply change the settings and give consent, what can be done by following these simple steps:
- Right-click on Start button and pick Settings
- Select Privacy
- After that, open Camera
- Enable the option Allow apps to access your camera
- Turn off all applications except the ones that you are using with the Camera, for example, Skype and check if 0xa00f4246 error is gone
Fix 3. Run Windows Store Apps troubleshooter
Since the camera is related to Windows Store, you might be able to fix 0xA00F4246(0x887A0004) error by running Windows Apps store troubleshooter:
- Type troubleshooting in the search bar, and click on the search results
- Scroll down to locate Windows Store Apps
- Click on it once and then select Run the troubleshooter
- Wait and see if Windows finds any errors
Fix 4. Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
- Type Hardware and Devices in the search bar, and click on Find and fix problems with devices
- In the new window, click Next
- Wait for the troubleshooter to execute and then check if the problem still occurs
Fix 5. Update Camera driver
- Right-click on Start button and select Device Manager
- Select Imaging Devices, right-click on it and select Update Device Manage
- In case there is no Imaging Devices on the list, expand Other devices and find Integrated webcam
- Right-click on it and select Update Driver Software
Fix 6. Edit Windows Registry to fix error 0xA00F4246(0x887A0004)
Warning: modifying Windows Registry might damage your Windows operating system. Please proceed at your own risk.
- Type in regedit into the search box and hit Enter
- Click Yes when UAC shows up
- Navigate to \\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows Media Foundation\\Platform
- Now click on Edit > New > DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Right-click on the new value and select Rename
- Paste EnableFrameServerMode and hit Enter
- Now double-click on the new entry set its value to 0
Fix 7. Run System File Checker via Command Prompt
This method allows to check for system errors. Please follow these steps:
- Type in cmd into Cortana's search box
- Right-click on the search results and select Run as administrator
- When Command Prompt opens, type in sfc /scannow and hit Enter
- Wait till Windows finishes the scan and fixes errors automatically
In case the methods described above did not help you to fix 0xa00f4246 error on Windows, you should check for compatibility issues. That’s because your WebCam might lack for an update to suit your operating system. Therefore, try visiting the official website of WebCam's manufacturer and look for the latest update. Last, but not least, you should also try to run Windows 10 optimization tool to fix registry errors, system files, and other issues that might be negatively influencing the performance of your operating system. For this purpose, try using Reimage.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: