Issue: How to Fix Windows 10 Activation Error 0xc004f014?
When I try to activate Windows 10, I get an error code code 0xc004f014. It says „We couldn‘t activate Windows. Try activating Windows again or contact Microsoft support and referrence the error code. You can go to Settings for more information.“ What should I do? I think that I did everything properly, but this message shows up each time I attempt activating. Please help!
Error Code 0xc004f014 is referred to as a Windows 10 Activation Error. Typically it happens when a new license key is placed to upgrade Windows in OEM systems. These systems are typical due to the fact that they have a pre-installed / activated Windows 10 systems and integrated System‘s Motherboard BIOS due to the sake of security. Normally, the upgrade process should be executed, but due to the failure of Windows activation mechanism, the process cannot be run successfull, which is why the below shown error message 0xc004f014 shows up. Luckily, there is a way to work around this issue using an external Setup laready entered Setup file. The instructions below will explain how this should be done.
How to Fix Windows 10 Activation Error 0xc004f014?
To start with, make sure that your Internet connection is properly set. Besides, prepare a USB drive that has at least 4 GB of free space and a new License Key. Once you are prepared, let‘s get started with the following steps:
- Navigate to the official Microsoft website and download Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.
- Right-click on the .exe file and select Run as Administrator.
- Accept the agreement and click Next.
- Click on the Create installation media for another PC and press Next.
- Set the language, architecture, and Edition.
- Deselect Use recommended option for this PC option.
- Select Windows 10 Edition and Architecture 64-bit / 32-bit according to the properties of your PC.
- Once done, click Next.
- On the Media Selection window, plug in your USB flash drive, and press Next.
- Wait for the Windows installation process to finish and your Windows 10 installation file will be ready.
- Open USB and find Sources folder.
- Open it and create a new TEXT file.
- Rename the file to PID and open it.
- Type the following values to it: Value=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
Here xxx… stands for your License key, so you have to copy your Windows license key and enter it instead of xxxx.
- Save everything and close the file.
Step 1 and Step 2 explained how to create a lisenced Windows 10 installer using USB drive. Not it‘s time to install it. For this purpose, you just have to:
- Open USB and go to Setup.exe, which can be found in Root folder.
- Double click it to run.
- Follow the instructions and select Upgrade keeping your Personal files and Apps.
- Once done, take your time and wait for Windows 10 to get upgraded.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.