Issue: How to Fix Windows 10 Activation Error Code: 0xC004F074?
I’ve recently installed Windows 10, but I cannot activate it. I don’t know what the culprit may be, but Windows Update throws me an error 0xC004F074. Could you please help me?
Windows activation caused lots of troubles for many people. While some of the Windows users upgraded to Windows 10 from 8, 8.1 or 7 versions smoothly, the others were not allowed to activate the upgrade or activated successfully, but then received various pop-up alerts while searching for Windows updates. Currently, few people complained about a 0xC004F074 error code, which appears on the screen when trying to activate Windows 10 via Windows Update.
Failed Windows 10 Activation with an error code 0xC004F074 is a well-known issue, which emerged right after the release of Windows 10 in 2015. While Microsoft has released the patch immediately and fixed the bug, it keeps reappearing with the Cumulative Windows Updates. Since people started reporting about this bug check several months ago, we can guess that one of the latest cumulative updates is the core. As Microsoft claims, this issue may occur key management service (KMS) could not be contacted. Luckily, the 0xC004F074 error can be fixed manually. There are two methods that can help you to solve this problem:
Method 1. Run an Elevated Command Prompt
- Click Win key + R, type slui 4, and hit Enter.
- After that, Win key + S to open Settings.
- Select Update & security and click on Activation.
- If you PC is not activated, you will receive an option Activate by phone.
- After that, start the Product Activation Wizard. Open charms menu and click Settings.
- Then go to Change PC Settings and click Activate Windows.
- Click on one of the options, e.g. Activate, Activate by phone or Contact customer support for help.
- Follow the on-screen directions and activate Windows using your phone.
Method 2. Run System File Checker
- Click Win key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type sfc/scannow and press Enter to start the System File Checker.
- The process may take a while, so please be patient and wait until it’s finished.
- Once done, reboot the PC and try to activate Windows 10 online. If the issue persists, perform steps provided in the method 1 to activate using a phone.
If that doesn’t work, our last recommendation would be to contact Microsoft Support center and explain them your issue in great details. If, nevertheless, you have managed to fix Windows activation error 0xC004F074 and activated Windows 10 successfully, don’t forget to install a proper optimization tool to keep its best performance. Our recommendation would be to use Reimage.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: