Issue: How to Fix Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x8e5e03fa?
Hello. I am having a particular problem with Cumulative update KB30814444. Despite several attempts, I try to install it.. It stops in the middle and “Windows 10 update error 0x8e5e03fa” message appears. Any ideas how to install this update?
Windows 10 update error code 0x8e5e03fa might appear when users attempt to install various Windows updates. Either you attempt to install Windows 10 Version 1607 build (KB3176936) or Cumulative Update (KB308144444), you might run into this message. According to IT professionals, this issue lasts since the introduction of Windows 7 version. Additionally, the error might appear due to Internet connectivity errors. In that case, restarting the router may solve the issue. Furthermore, malware developers have managed to develop the ransomware which imitates Windows OS updates. Thus, it is crucial to identify the cause of such issue. First of all, you might want to scan the system with a security tool, such as Reimage.
Option 1. Restart the Router
It is very likely that unstable Internet connection may be at fault for interrupting the update. In that case, you may find this method effective.
1. Locate the power button on the router and turn it off.
2. Wait for 30 seconds and turn the device on again.
3. Try installing the necessary update again.
Option 2. Use Command Prompt Method to Solve the Issue
It is likely that the Windows 10 update cannot be installed due to certain corrupted elements. Perform these steps:
- Press Windows Key + X. Click on the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
- Cancel BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services tasks. Enter the latter commands. Press the Enter after each entry for it to take effect.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
- Change the names of SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folders. Click on Enter after each subsequent command.
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
- Launch BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services again. Type the following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press ENTER key after you type each command.
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
- After each command completes, type Exit and reboot the device.
Option 3. Reset Windows Updates
Since this issue is quite common, cyber security specialists have found the workaround for the malware. In order to completely reset Windows Updates and its history, you will need to download the .bat file from this official website. Once you download, unlock the file. Then, right-click on file and choose Run as Administrator. Once the UAC message asks for your permission to launch the program. After the process finishes, restart the system.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: