Issue: How to Fix “Windows activation Error code: 0x56102 (888) 571-0961”?
I’m running Windows 10 version 1061. Everything was OK up till now. For some reason now, when I boot up the system, the loading process is interfered by a blue screen pop-up message saying: “Windows activation Error code: 0x56102 (888) 571-0961.” That’s the first time when Windows asks me to enter an activation code. I don’t have it or if I have, I don’t know where it is. Is it possible to avoid this Windows Activation Error?
Windows activation Error code: 0x56102 (888) 571-0961 notification often intimidates people seriously as they do not understand what kind of code is required. The blue screen pop-up shows up and freezes the screen during the system’s startup, which is why people can’t access their desktops and use any applications. Therefore, the majority of people who encountered “Windows activation Error code: 0x56102 (888) 571-0961” alert falls for believing that the system has seriously crashes. Nevertheless, this message is NOT generated by Microsoft Windows and does not mean that your Windows operating system has started malfunctioning. In fact, “Windows activation Error code: 0x56102 (888) 571-0961” is yet another technical support scam. That’s a type of malware infection, which may be triggered either by a potentially unwanted program (PUP) or redirects to malicious websites.
People are extremely sensitive about the BSOD and error messages that freeze the screen and prevent from accessing the system. In this particular case, the emotion is even more strengthened by the fact that Windows Activation Error requires entering a Product key and password. However, it’s important to keep in mind that Error code: 0x56102 during Windows startup is a support scam, which is exploited by online scammers. It means that calling (888) 571-0961 support number may push you into more serious problems, such as virus infection, data or money loss.
How does “Windows activation Error code: 0x56102 (888) 571-0961” support scam spread?
As we have already pointed out, “Windows activation Error code: 0x56102 (888) 571-0961″ message is usually caused by a potentially unwanted program (PUP), such as adware, or you might have got infected after experiencing web browser’s redirects to malicious websites. Anyway, if the infection is dispersed on the system, the malicious Run key is injected into the Registries, so that the Windows activation Error code: 0x56102 would show up each time when the system loads.
To prevent errors like 0x56102, it’s very important to install a professional anti-virus and keep it up-to-date. However, a professional tool is not the only precautionary measure that you should take. “Windows activation Error code: 0x56102 (888) 571-0961” virus and similar infections are frequently distributed via bundled installers, so it’s also important to be cautious during the installation of free programs. To prevent installation of additional tools, such as infectious web browser plug-ins, toolbars, etc., you should always opt for “Advanced” or “Custom” installation and unmark all attachments before the installation is finished.
How to fix “Windows activation Error code: 0x56102 (888) 571-0961”?
“Windows activation Error code: 0x56102 (888) 571-0961” alert freezes the screen and prevents users from accessing the desktop. Beware that neither system restart nor entering a product key will help to get rid of this notification. Calling a supposed tool-free technical support number is NOT advisable too because scammers may trick you into disclosing personal information and providing a remove access to your PC. Keep in mind that Windows activation Error code: 0x56102 is not a genuine Windows error, so it will stay present as long as the PUP and malicious code is installed. To fix this issue, you’ll have to boot the system in Safe Mode and remove the infection in the meanwhile.
Step 1. Boot the system in a Safe Mode
Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Press Power button and then press F8 several times.
- Using the arrow keys on your keyboard, click Safe Mode with Command Prompt, and press Enter.
- Once the Command Prompt window opens, type start %windir%\explorer.exe “C:\Program Files (x86) and press Enter.
- Then find the AG Music Player folder and delete it.
- Finally, restart the system in the normal mode.
Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Press Win key and type Settings in the search box.
- Click on the search results and select Update and recovery option.
- Navigate to the Recovery and find Advanced startup.
- Under this option, select Restart now.
- Then click Troubleshoot and select Advanced options.
- After that, find Startup Settings and press Restart.
- To Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt, press F6 on your keyboard.
- Type start %windir%\explorer.exe “C:\Program Files (x86) in the Command Prompt window and hit Enter.
- Remove AG Music Player folder and restart the system in the Normal Mode.
Step 2. Delete malware
- Click Win key + R, type %TEMP%, and press Enter.
- Remove the random .exe file and then press Win + R again.
- Type regedit in the run dialogue box and press Enter.
- Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run using the left pane.
- Then click L on the right pane and find C:\Program Files (x86)\AG Music Player\fatalerror.exe.
- Click it and select Delete.
- After that, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon location.
- Using the right pane find Shell and locate C:\Program Files (x86)\AG Music Player\fatalerror.exe and C:\Program Files (x86)\AG Music Player\R.exe.
- Click them and select Delete.
- Now close the Registry Editor.
Step 3. Run a scan with an anti-virus
Once you perform these steps, it’s advisable to run a full scan with a professional anti-malware in order to delete all hidden files and completely restore the system. Our recommendation would be to use ReimageMac Washing Machine X9.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.