Issue: How to Fix “Windows Firewall has blocked some features” on Windows 10?
I’ve left my PC idle for some time and it went on a sleeping mode. I was home alone, so nobody could touch it. However, when I woke my PC up from sleep, I’ve found a message box saying: “Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app. ”While I’m using my PC every day, I’m not a very technology inclined person, so I don’t know what I could do. Could you please provide me fixes in a very comprehensive manner? Would highly appreciate your help!
“Windows Firewall has blocked some features” is an error that may occur on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, and other versions. In most of the cases, the problem happens when the PC owner initiates some software or hardware changes on the system, for example, when new programs or updates are installed. People have reported that “Windows Firewall has blocked some features error” message tend to show up when trying to launch programs, such as Google Chrome or HD games (very often). Sometimes it may show up when web browser (Chrome, IE, Edge, etc.) is running with a random game running in the background.
Although this bug is not the most common one, people report it on Microsoft forum from time to time. Unfortunately, no one has researched this issue in great details yet, which is why the culprit is not known, but some people claim that “Windows Firewall has blocked some features” error is a result of a virus infection, the others blame the installation of the latest updates or VPN programs, such as Hotspot Shield or Tunnelbear. Whatever the cause of this problem is, several Windows enthusiasts provided a couple of fixes that seem to be working, so we are going to provide them one by one.
How to Fix “Windows Firewall has blocked some features” on Windows 10?
- As a starting point, you should try to perform these basic steps:
- Run a scan with a professional antivirus, for example, Reimage;
- Boot the system into the Safe Mode with Networking and perform a virus scan. Once done, check if the problem persists;
- Try Microsoft Safety Scanner;
- Reinstall Windows updates;
- Try to turn off Windows Firewall and then turn it on again.
- In case none of these steps helped to fix Windows Firewall has blocked some features error on Windows, then you should try the following:
Method 1. Disable Network Adapters
As one of the Windows users reported, Windows Firewall has blocked some features issue may be triggered by a VPN (Virtual Private Network) clients ran in the system. First of all, check the list of web browser’s extensions and disable the ones that are related to VPN services. After that, do the following:
- Right-click Win key and select Device Manager.
- Select Network adapters and disable them one by one.
When you disable the first adapter, check if the issue still persists. If it’s gone, then no other adapters have to be disabled. If Windows Firewall has blocked some features message still occurs, disable another adapter.
Method 2. Give apps the permission to pass Windows Firewall manually
- Click Win key + X and select Control Panel.
- Find Windows Firewall and select the link Allow an app through Windows Firewall.
- Click Change settings button.
- Scroll down and check Private and Public options.
- Select the app that you need to enable, click OK and close everything.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.