Issue: How to fix Windows Hello error 0x801c0451?
I get the issue with Hello on Windows. The error code appears – 0x801c0451. It states that something is wrong and I can't set up the PIN for the laptop. I want to set up the thing successfully and have no idea how to fix this issue. I need your help, do you have any solutions for this?
Windows Hello error 0x801c0451 issue occurs on the machine when users try to set up the PIN in Windows, and it happens in Windows 10 and 11 versions. The issue can disappear after a few reboots, but the persistent problem indicates an issue with the machine. Configuring the hello sign-in options are needed, and it is impossible when the error appears.
The unsolved problem can lead to system crashes and unsuspected issues, additional errors on the system. Users encounter these issues, and it is frustrating since the problem comes out of nowhere and there are no particular causes or solutions that could be quick and successful.
The “Something went wrong, We aren’t able to set up your PIN. Sometimes, it helps to try again, or you can skip for now and do this later. Error code: 0x801c0451” message can sometimes be stopped with the sleep mode setting alterations. This is not the crucial system error that can lead to BSOD issues or major damage, but it is serious enough to encourage you to solve it as soon as possible.
The issue often occurs after recent changes on the machine, when you upgrade from one OS version to another or update the Windows entirely. Turning off the sleep more or resetting passwords, switching user options can be considered possible fixes for the issue. Issues like this can often occur due to system compatibility issues caused by file corruption.
Try to fix Windows Hello error 0x801c0451 with the methods listed below. You can also run the FortectMac Washing Machine X9 full system scan for the file damage issues and repair problems occurring in the system folders and files. This can ensure that other needed processes are working for you smoothly, so you can solve the problem easier. Try a few methods and do not skip steps.
1. Disable the Sleep Mode
- Type control.exe in the search in the taskbar.
- Hit Enter.
- Set the View by option to Large icons.
- Choose Power Options.
- On the right pane, click Change plan settings link located beside your selected plan.
- Set Put the computer to sleep to Never for both On battery and Plugged in options.
- Save changes.
2. Reset PIN
- Type in sign in options in the search.
- When the settings page shows up in search result, hit Enter.
- From the right side, select the PIN (Windows Hello) or Windows Hello PIN.
- Click I forgot my PIN.
- Enter credentials for your Microsoft accounts.
- Click Continue on the verification message.
- Insert new PIN twice to set it up.
3. Uninstall the OS update
- Press Windows + R.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run box.
- Click OK.
- Click on View installed updates.
- Find the KB version your system installed lately under Microsoft Windows section.
- Right-click on the update and select Uninstall.
- Click again Uninstall to confirm if asked.
- Follow further instructions to completely get rid of the update.
4. Check for recent updates
- Press Windows + X.
- Choose Run.
- In the command box, type ms-settings:windowsupdate.
- Hit Enter.
- From the right-pane, click Check for updates.
- If any update is available, install them.
- After completion – Restart.
5. Change accounts
- Go to Settings.
- Select Accounts.
- Click on Your info.
- Select Sign in with a local account instead.
- Provide your Microsoft account password.
- Click Next.
- Type the name you want to set for your account.
- Set a new password.
- Follow other instructions.
- Click on Sign out followed by Finish.
- Sign back.
6. Use the System Restore option
- Press Windows+S.
- Type in control panel follow up with Enter.
- In the search bar of the appearing window, type recovery.
- Select Recovery first and then Open System Restore.
- Click Next.
- Choose the restore point.
- Click on Next on the System restore wizard.
- Select Finish.
- Click on Yes to confirm.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.