Issue: How to fix “Windows needs your current credentials” error?
Hello. I am struggling with the issue I have on my windows 10 machine. If I log in to the machine with a password, everything goes well. However, when the pin code, the pop-up with “Windows needs your current credentials” message appears and states that I need to lock and unlock the PC with password again. I repeat the process, and it goes well, but later on, the same issue occurs. How can I get rid of this message? Or is this the result of security issues?
“Windows needs your current credentials” error can appear when you try to log in to your machine. It can occur even when typing the correct credentials in. Users report that the message reoccurs over and ver after the screen locking. Sometimes people state that when using the PIN, the issue is not bothering them, but others say it only occurs when the leg in is attempted with the PIN code.
This is a very irritating issue and can appear on various devices, not depending on the particular version of Windows. It seems that a corrupted credential manager is responsible for these issues, but problems with the user account or other functions can still lead to triggers for such issues on the machine.
Windows systems can have various issues due to different reasons. Updates, OS bugs, compatibility problems can cause multiple frustrating problems for the user. The error that delivers “Windows needs your current credentials” pop-up can occur due to the wrong group policy configurations, virus infection or threat leftovers, system file corruption, issues directly with user accounts.
Windows systems can throw the error when particular records that need to the configuration are affected, so the communication can not be properly launched. Malware that is present on the machine can be responsible for such issues or file damage in other parts of the device, folders, directories. Unfortunately, damaged system files can lead to severe problems with the performance. You can solve such issues with a tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 since the program checks and repairs data controlling specific functions.
Another problem leading to the “Windows needs your current credentials” error can be related to the authentication problem in user accounts. If that is the case, simple solutions like re-verification of the account can work. Nevertheless, you should rely on all possible fixes and try a few of them before skipping the solutions entirely.
1. Verify your user account
- Go to the Start Menu.
- Right-click on your user profile.
- Go to Change account settings.
- Choose Your info and select Settings app.
- Hit the Verify link.
- Follow the list of on-screen commands to verify your info.
- Reboot the device when you’re done.
2. Alter group policy configurations
- Press the Windows + R key to open Run Box.
- Type the command gpedit.msc and hit OK.
- The Local Group Policy Editor window appears on your screen.
- On the left side, click on the Computer Configuration.
- Double-click in the Administrative Templets.
- Select System.
- Click on the Login option from the list.
- Double-click on an Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon option.
- Check if the option was enabled then Disable it.
- Or try setting it to Not Configured.
- Hit Apply and OK and exit.
3. Activate the Windows 10 trial
- Press Windows + I key to open the Settings window.
- Click on the Update & Security option.
- Choose the Activation.
- Select the option Change Product Key on the right side.
- Enter the product key : VK7JG_NPHTM_C97JM_9MPGT_3V66T and hit Enter. It will initiate the Trial version, and the copy of Windows 10 Pro is not yet activated.
- Locate the Start Upgrade button in the next step and click on it.
- Wait till the process is finished and the system shutdown and reboots.
- You will see the message:
“Working on upgrades <__% complete> Don’t turn off your computer.”
- When the process is finished, wait for the Edition upgrade completed.
- Windows 10 is upgraded to the Pro version. Now open the Activation screen, through Settings and verify the current version.
4. Try System Restore
- Click on the Windows Logo using the S.
- Then input Recovery.
- Launch it.
- Click on the Open System Restore option.
- Select the Next toggle.
- Follow the on-screen steps until you finish this.
- You’ll then receive the list of Restore Points.
- Select one of them to get back to the earlier state.
- Then allow the process to finish and then Restart your PC.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.