Issue: How to Fix Windows Store Error 0x8000FFFF?
So I updates Windows 10 build 1703 and got locked out of Windows store. Then I ran the troubleshooter, which notified that the problem is related to corrupted cache, but no solutions were provided. The troubleshooter also provided an error code 0x8000FFFF. Could someone please explain me what should I do?
Windows Store is one of the most frequently visited apps as it allows Windows users to download free and paid applications, including music files and Windows 8/10 updates. Unfortunately, Windows users encounter various Windows Store related bus, for example, apps cannot be downloaded, the download or install process freezes, the store doesn’t open, and so on. Sometimes Windows Store error pop-ups do not provide any specificities and solutions, but, in most of the cases, they include error codes. In this post, we will address the Windows Store Error 0x8000FFFF.
Typically, the error code 0x8000FFFF shows up after the installation of Windows updates and completely locks the Windows Store. In some rare cases, the error shows up when the PC’s owner attempts to install a freshly downloaded app. To start with the 0x8000FFFF error fixes, we would recommend running Windows App Troubleshooter as it may help to isolate the culprit. Usually, the Troubleshooter indicates corrupted Windows Store cache and we’ll explain how to reset it down below. Nevertheless, corrupted cache is not the only reason why Windows Store returns the error code 0x8000FFFF, so we’ll provide a couple of other fixes just in case.
Fixing Windows Store Error Code 0x8000FFFF
Reset Windows Store Cache
- Press Windows key + S and type wsreset.
- Right-click on the wsreset option and select Run as Administrator.
- Click Yes on the User Account Control prompt and wait while the system is resetting the Store cache.
- When Windows Store window opens, it means that the cache has been reset. Reopen Windows Store and try to download required files.
If these steps did not help to fix corrupted Windows Store cache and remove the 0x8000FFFF error, please try these steps:
- Press Windows key + R to open run.
- Copy and paste the %localappdata%\\Packages\\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\\LocalState in the run dialogue.
- Click OK to execute the command.
- Now find the folder named Cache. Right-click it and select Rename.
- Name the Cache folder as Cache.old.
- If you can’t find the Cache folder, create it. Right-click on an empty space and select New -> Folder.
- Name it Cache and close File Explorer.
- Now press Windows key + I and open Updates & Security.
- Select Troubleshoot from the left pane and find the Windows Store App.
- Click it and run a scan.
If it seems that the culprit of Windows Store Error 0x8000FFFF is not corrupted cache, then you may try to reinstall Windows Store app itself. Since it is one of the inbuilt Windows store apps, you will not be able to uninstall it using Programs & Features applet. Therefore, we’ll provide detailed instructions on how to do that.
Reinstall Windows Store app
- Click Windows key + R, type PowerShell, and press Enter.
- Right-click the search results and select Run as Administrator.
- Type Get-Appxpackage –Allusers and press Enter.
- Find Windows Store entry and copy the package name using Ctrl + C hotkey.
- Now type Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\\Program Files\\WindowsApps\\” –DisableDevelopmentMode command.
NOTE: instead of PackageFullName, paste the Windows Store package name by pressing Ctrl + V hotkey. In addition, change C: with the letter of your root driver if needed.
- After that, reopen PowerShell with administrative privileges as explained above.
- Paste Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\\Program Files\\WindowsApps\\” –DisableDevelopmentMode command and press Enter. Don't forget to replace the PackageFullName and C: (if needed).
- Finally, reboot the system to execute all changes.
IMPORTANT: the error code 0x8000FFFF can also be encountered on Windows OS when trying to update the system via Windows Update applet. In this case, you should refer to this post.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: