Issue: How to fix Windows Store error 0x80240013?
Hello. For the last couple of days, I cannot install multiple apps on my Windows Store. Minecraft and Wallpapers Studio 10 are a couple of apps that I cannot update. Each time I get a pop-up saying “Something unexpected happened” with an error code 0x80240013. Thanks for any help!
The Error Code 0x80240013 is a Windows 10 specific bug, which affects Windows Store. People reported being unable both install and update apps in the store for several days. Typically, the issue renders particular apps inaccessible, such as Minecraft, Fresh Paint, Wallpapers Studio 10, and similar. It does not seem to lock Windows Store completely.
There are many reasons why Windows Store start malfunctioning. First of all, Windows Store server might be down or not functioning correctly, so we would strongly recommend you to reboot the system and wait a while. The most primitive solution – patience – may help you to fix 0x80240013 error easily.
In case waiting did not help, you should address the application that cannot be updated. It might be that the update contains duplicate files or other confronting components. Thus, try to re-register the app or reinstall it completely.
Finally, some of the Windows Store components may not function properly due to internal system's problems, such as Firewall block, cache, or service failure. Since there are various diverse reasons why you receive a 0x80240013 error on Windows Store, we highly recommend you to initiate the fixes provided below one-by-one.
IMPORTANT: before you start fixing 0x80240013 error manually, we would recommend you to run a full system scan with ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 to clean junk, cache, corrupted registries, and other garbage.
Reset or reinstall applications
If you cannot update one or two apps because of the 0x80240013 error, but everything else works fine, we would recommend you to reset the application. For this purpose, you should:
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Select Apps and locate the application that cannot be updated via Windows Store.
- Click on it once and then double-click on the Advanced options link below the name of the app.
- Now click Reset and confirm your choice by clicking Reset one more time.
TIP: Do the same with Windows Store app.
If resetting did not work or such option wasn't available at all, we would strongly recommend reinstalling the app:
- Open Settings and find the app as explained above.
- Click on it and select Uninstall.
- Once done, restart the system and try to reinstall it.
Run the Troubleshooter for Windows Store apps
- Press Windows key + I.
- Open Updates and Security section.
- Click Troubleshoot in the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom to find Windows Store Apps.
- Click on the apps troubleshooter and select Run the Troubleshooter.
Clear Windows Store cache
- Open Windows search and type wsreset.exe.
- Right-click on the wsreset.exe option and select Run as Administrator.
- Command Prompt window should open. Do not click anything.
- Resetting will be finished once Windows Store window automatically opens.
Reset the software distribution folder
To perform this method successfully, you have to disconnect from the Internet. Besides, it's advisable to restart the PC after disconnecting from the Internet. The easiest way to do that is to enable Airplane mode. To enable it, press Windows key + A and select Airplane mode at the bottom-right corner of the screen. After that, follow these steps:
- Right-click on Windows key and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Stop the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. For this purpose, typ4e the below-given commands and press Enter after each to execute:
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
- After that, rename SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folders. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Don't forget to hit Enter after each:
ren C:\\Windows\\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\\Windows\\System32\\catroot2 Catroot2.old
- Restart the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Type the following commands in the Command Prompt. Each command should be followed by entering:
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
- Finally, type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it.
- Reboot the system and check if this solution helped to fix the 0x80240013 error.
Reinstall Windows Store
- Click Windows key + R and type PowerShell.
- Right-click on the search results and select Run as Administrator.
- Type Get-Appxpackage –Allusers and press Enter.
- Find Windows Store entry and copy the package name. For this purpose, mark it and press Ctrl + C.
- After that, type Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\\\\Program Files\\\\WindowsApps\\\\” –DisableDevelopmentMode command.
- NOTE: replace PackageFullName with the Windows Store package name by pressing Ctrl + V. Besides, instead of C: type the letter of the root driver of your system.
- Then reopen PowerShell with administrative privileges as explained above.
- Paste Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\\\\Program Files\\\\WindowsApps\\\\” –DisableDevelopmentMode command and press Enter.
- Finally, reboot the system to execute all changes.
These are the main methods used for address Windows Store problems. If none of them worked and you still cannot download/install/update apps from Store, or it does not open, please let us know so that we could further analyze the issue.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.