Issue: How to Fix Windows Store Error Code 0x87AF000B?
I‘ve no ideas what happened to Windows Store, but each time I try installing apps, the process fails with an error code 0x87AF000B. All programs are successfully downloaded, but installation always fails. What fixes should I try?
Judging from the bugs people encounter on it, Windows Store is one of the most vulnerable Windows apps. Windows users are frequently prevented from downloading and installing apps regardless of whether they are free or paid. That’s a big problem due to which people can’t use needed programs, as well as install Windows Updates. Once of such bugs is the Error Code 0x87AF000B. Although it has started in the middle of 2016, it is still an obscure issue that hasn‘t been solved. Nevertheless, quite a lot of people shared their experience about how they managed or did not manage to fix it. It has been found that the most common Windows Store fixes (listed below) seldom help to resolve this problem.
- Removal of Windows Store cache;
- Windows Store Troubleshooter;
- Resetting Windows Update components;
- Anti-virus deactivation;
- Windows Firewall disabling;
Indeed, trying the above-listed methods is not that tiresome as it may seem because these tasks require several clicks only. However, to save your time, you should first try the approved fixes, i.e. to reinstall Windows Store and, if that won‘t help, create a new Windows account and sign in to it.
How to Fix Windows Store Error 0x87AF000B?
Method 1. Reinstall Windows Store
- Click Windows key + R and type PowerShell.
- Right-click on the search results and select Run as Administrator.
- Type Get-Appxpackage –Allusers and press Enter.
- Find Windows Store entry and copy the package name. For this purpose, mark it and press Ctrl + C.
- After that, type Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\” –DisableDevelopmentMode command.
NOTE: replace PackageFullName with the Windows Store package name by pressing Ctrl + V. Besides, instead of C: type the letter of the root driver of your system.
- Then reopen PowerShell with administrative privileges as explained above.
- Paste Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\” –DisableDevelopmentMode command and press Enter.
- Finally, reboot the system to execute all changes.
Method 2. Create a new Microsoft account
The culprit of the 0x87AF000B Error may be old or damaged user profile. To check that, you will have to create a new user account, sign in to it on the Store, and then try to download apps.
- Navigate to the official Microsoft website and open Microsoft Account sign up page.
- Click on Create a new account and fill in the visible form.
- When all information is submitted, press Create Account button.
- Once done, click on Windows Store icon on the taskbar and find the user symbol at the top of the screen.
- Click it to open a drop-down menu. Select Sign in option.
- If you were signed in with another account, you would have to click on the Account‘s Username and select Sign out.
- Then click on the User icon again and select Sign In.
- Select Microsoft account and enter the new Microsoft email ID and password.
- Click Sign In button and then try to download the apps.
Hopefully, you have managed to fix 0x87AF000B error successfully. If these two methods did not help, we would kindly recommend trying the methods that we have mentioned at the beginning of the post. Besides, we would strongly suggest you ensure proper maintenance of the Registry, system files, process, and software. For that, try using Reimage.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.