Issue: How to fix Windows update error 0x80070032?
Hello. I tried to install the Windows update that was recently released but I could not. I received the 0x80070032 error. What can I do?
Windows is the most popular operating system. It offers a user-friendly interface, customization abilities, built-in troubleshooters, and many other functions. Microsoft regularly releases updates to add new functions and increase the security of the OS. That is why it is extremely important to install the updates as soon as they come out.
However, quite often users face issues when trying to install Windows updates. Recently, people started seeing the 0x80070032 error. Users describe seeing this error code when trying to install the latest updates. While it is unknown why exactly this error appears, there are some general reasons this could be happening.
Windows updates can fail to install because of corrupted files, Windows update components, and services, outdated drivers, etc. In this guide, you will find 7 steps that should definitely help you take care of this problem. Users should fix update error issues immediately to not put their operating system at risk.
Manual troubleshooting can be a lengthy process, so you can also use a maintenance tool like RestoroMac Washing Machine X9 to scan your machine. This powerful software can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Repair Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Solution 2. Run the Update Troubleshooter
- Press the Windows + X keys and go to Settings
- Go to Update and Security
- Click Troubleshooter
- Select Additional troubleshooters
- Run the Update troubleshooter
Solution 3. Reset Windows Update Components
- Open Command Prompt as administrator again
- Copy and paste the following commands, pressing Enter after each:
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop appidsvc
net stop cryptsvc
Del “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\*.*”
rmdir %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution /S /Q
rmdir %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 /S /Q
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dll
regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start appidsvc
net start cryptsvc
- Restart your PC
Solution 4. Set Windows Services to Run Automatically
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box
- Type cmd and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open up an elevated Command Prompt
- If you’re prompted by the User Account Control (UAC), click Yes at the window
- Type the following commands and hit Enter after each one:
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto
SC config bits start=auto
SC config cryptsvc start=auto
- Perform a system reboot and check if the issue persists
Solution 5. Install the Update Manually
Whenever Windows updates fail to install automatically, you can always try doing it manually. First, you need to find out which KB number is relevant to you.
- Right-click Start button and pick Settings
- Go to Update & Security
- On the right, locate and click View update history
- From the list, note the KB number that fails to install with the error code
- Go to Microsoft Update Catalog page, type in the KB number and press Search
- Download the update and install it manually
Solution 6. Update Drivers
- In the search box on the taskbar, enter device manager, then select Device Manager
- Select a category to see the names of devices, then right-click the one you’d like to update
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software
- Select Update Driver
- If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try using an automatic tool like DriverFix which can find the best drivers for your system
Solution 7. Update via Media Creation Tool
- Download Windows 10 installation media from the official website
- Open the tool once it installed
- Agree to license terms
- Choose Upgrade this PC now
- Wait for the update to be installed
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.
- ^ Why It’s Important to Install Windows updates and patches. Zunesis. IT Services.
- ^ Chris Hoffman. Everything You Need To Know About the Blue Screen of Death. Howtogeek. Tech Insight Magazine.
- ^ Tim Fisher. What Is the Windows Registry?. Lifewire. Software and Apps.