Issue: How to fix Windows update error 80240025?
Hello. I tried to install the latest update on my Windows computer but it did not work and I received an 80240025 error. How do I fix it?
Windows is generally easy to use. However, the operating system relies on updates to keep running smoothly. Microsoft regularly releases new fixes for bugs, security issues, or even new features so it is important to install the updates as soon as they come out. Unfortunately, sometimes users encounter errors when attempting to do so.
Recently, some users received the 80240025 update error. When an error code such as this appears, Windows cannot finish updating the operating system. The most common reasons for this include incorrect user input and accidentally deleted files from the registry that now cause system malfunctions, corrupted files, and update components. In this guide, you will find 5 steps that should help you fix them.
Troubleshooting manually can be a lengthy process, so you can try using an automatic solution FortectMac Washing Machine X9. The repair tool can identify the damaged system components, fix BSODs, and registry issues by scanning the system. Below you will find a few manual methods that could fix the Windows update error 80240025 and let you update your system. Note that this will take a while, so please follow all of the steps very carefully.
Method 1. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Method 2. Use the Update Troubleshooter
- Press the Windows + X keys and go to Settings
- Go to Update and Security
- Click Troubleshooter
- Select Additional troubleshooters
- Run the Update troubleshooter
Method 3. Disable a Registry Key
- Press Windows key + R to open up a Run dialog box
- Type regedit and press Enter
- Navigate to the following location:
- Double-click on DisableWindowsUpdateAccess
- Set the Base to Hexadecimal, and the Value data to 0
- Reboot your computer
Method 4. Reset Windows Update Components
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box
- Type cmd and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open up an elevated Command Prompt
- Type the following commands in order and press Enter after each one:
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
- Restart your computer
Method 5. Install the Update Manually
Whenever Windows updates fail to install automatically, you can always try doing it manually. First, you need to find out which KB number is relevant to you.
- Right-click Start button and pick Settings
- Go to Update & Security
- On the right, locate and click View update history
- From the list, note the KB number that fails to install with the error code
- Go to Microsoft Update Catalog page, type in the KB number and press Search
- Download the update and install it manually
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.