Issue: How to fix Windows Update Error 80243004?
Hello. I’m running Windows 7 on my desktop computer and Windows 10 on the laptop. Some time ago I’ve found an issue on my Win 7 PC. None of the Windows updates can be run due to the error 80243004. Since I do not use the desktop PC often, I did not take this issue seriously and let it be as it is. Unfortunately, the same problem occurred on my laptop yesterday and since I use it every day, I take care of the updates regularly. Could you please tell me why 80243004 error shows up and provide fixes for it? Thanks!
Code 0x80243004 or 80243004 is a Windows Update error, which in particular affects Windows 7 and 10 versions. Usually, it occurs when the user performs some system changes. For example, when new software is installed, when registries are modified, when some settings are changes, and so on. While 80243004 error is not dangerous and does not mean that your operating system is about to crash, it prevents Windows from running updates. That’s a problem because outdated OS and its components may slow down, crash, deliver error message, prevent software from launching, and similar. 0x80243004 error code may also show up when upgrading older Windows versions to Windows 10. The error message reads as:
-Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
-Error(s) found: Code 80243004 Windows update encountered an unknown error.
According to computer specialists, 0x80243004 error code usually occur due to the Windows Firewall issues, malware, incompatible software, corrupted registries, and similar problems. Luckily, there are some fixes that have been approved as useful.
How to fix Windows Update error code 0x80243004?
Fix 1. Check Windows Firewall Settings
- Click Win key + R, type Firewall.cpl, and press OK.
- Select Turn Windows Firewall On or Off option, and open Private Network Settings.
- Select Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended).
- Then go back to the previous window and select Public Network Settings.
- Select Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended) and click OK.
Fix 2. Verify Proxy Server Settings
- Click Win key, type cmd, and press Enter.
- Right-click on the search results and select Run as Administrator.
- When the Command Prompt opens, type netsh winhttp show proxy, and press Enter.
Fix 3. Restart Windows Update Service
If the previous methods did not help, try to turn off Windows Update Service by performing these simple steps:
- Click on Win key and type Administrative Tool.
- Click on the search results and then select Services.
- If you receive a confirmation window, type in your administrator password to continue.
- After that, click the Name column to sort names in reverse order.
- Find Windows Update, right-click on it, and select Stop.
- Then, click Win key and type Administrative Tools again.
- Double click on Services and enter your administrator password if required.
- Click the Name column to sort names in reverse order.
- Find Windows Update, right-click on it, and select Start.
If none of the instructions has helped to fix 80243004 error, we would highly recommend to run a system scan with a professional software, such as Reimage or contact to the professional technicians.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: