Issue: How to Fix Windows Update Error Code 0x80070026?
When I try to install Windows Updates, I get an error code 0X80070026. What fixes you would recommend for this bug?
Windows Update errors strike Windows users commonly. While older Windows versions had to be updated manually, Windows 10 has an in-built Windows Update feature, which detects, downloads, and installed the latest updates automatically. However, sometimes the device user may want to accelerate the installation of updates and launch Windows Update service manually. In this case, errors like 0x80070026 may occur.
There were problems installing some updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:
(The Name of the Update) – Error 0x80070026
The 0x80070026 error may be result of many problems. Nevertheless, the system fails to install updates when one of the Windows Update Components fails to work properly. If resetting Windows Update Components does not help, we would recommend disabling your anti-virus temporarily, run Windows Update Troubleshooter or check the system for malware.
Fixing Windows Update Error 0x80070026
Fix 1. Reset Windows Update Components
1. Press Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Click Yes on the UAC pop-u.
3. Now stop MSI Installer, Windows Update Services, BITS services. For this purpose, copy and paste the following commands in the Command Prompt dialog. Press Enter after each.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
4. The rename the Catroot2 and SoftwareDistribution folders. Copy and paste the ren C:\\Windows\\System32\\catroot2 Catroot2.old and ren C:\\Windows\\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old commands in the Command Prompt dialog and press Enter after each of them.
5. Finally, restart MSI Installer, Windows Update Services, BITS services. To do so, copy and paste the commands given below and press Enter after each:
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
6. Close Command Prompt and try to install the updates.
Fix 2. Run SFC and DISM utilities
1. Click Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
3. Copy and paste DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth command and press Enter.
4. Now copy and paste the DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth command. Don’t forget to press Enter to execute it.
5. Finally, close Command Prompt and restart the system.
If these steps did not help to fix Windows Update error 0x80070026, we would highly recommend deactivating your anti-virus (especially if you are using a third-party tool) and running Windows Update Troubleshooter. Finally, make sure that all registry entries and core system files run properly. For this purpose, you can use a PC optimization utility, such as Reimage.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services like Netflix, BBC, Disney+ and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless where you are
Recover your lost files quickly
Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is a recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of important documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.