Issue: How to fix “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall” error in Windows?
I get the error that keeps me from uninstalling the program. The error is the “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall” pop-up. I somehow do not have admin rights and am instructed to contact the administrator. It is the first time when I cannot uninstall the program properly. Can you help me? I am the only user, so there shouldn't be any issues like this. I am confused.
“You do not have sufficient access to uninstall” error in Windows is the error that appears when the User Account Control or UAC limits the access to installed applications and files. You cannot uninstall the program, and the issue is frustrating. Users state that the problem occurs again and again, so this administrator privileges problem becomes annoying.
This functionality of administrator rights prevents automatic installs, malware infections, and other problems. It limits the access rights to user accounts. The elevated access provides the opportunity to install or uninstall programs. However, even when access to operating system changes is granted, the error still appears out of nowhere.
There are a few workarounds and fixes for the issue because these errors can be caused by altered registry entries, affected system files, and other issues regarding system corruption. You can solve the “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall” error by repairing those pieces or updating the needed data of the machine.
The feature ith account control was added to ensure the security of the Windows system, so the particular access is limited. However, all the devices and operating systems have flaws. You want to recover the proper performance, so all activities can be operated perfectly. Disabling the UAC protocol can get rid of the error, but there are many other functions that might need to get altered or fixed.
As for the affected or even corrupted files in system folders, Windows registry entries, you might want to rely on proper tools for such tasks. You can fix those damaged pieces with tools like ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 and fix the “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall” error in Windows easily. This step also can be one of the troubleshooting steps if the error didn't get solved only with this step. Then rely on the methods below and follow the guide thoroughly.
1. Modify registry entries
- Launch the Registry Editor by typing regedit in the Run box.
- Navigate to the Installer key.
- Create a new DWORD value:
- Enter the REG_DWORD value as 0.
- Close the Registry Editor and Exit.
- Restart your PC.
2. Turn off User Account Control
- Type user control in search.
- Select Change User Account Control settings from the menu.
- Move the slider all the way down to the Never notify.
- Click on OK to save changes.
- After disabling User Account Control, you should be able to uninstall your applications without any problems.
3. Uninstall the app via registry
- When in Registry editor go to:
- If you click on each key from that path you will be able to access each program from your device, thus you will be able to uninstall the same.
- Select the software and take a look at the right panel of the Registry editor.
- Double-click on UninstallString to open its properties.
- When the Properties window opens, copy the path from the Value data field.
- Type command prompt in the search box and select Run as administrator.
- Once it opens, paste the command we copied earlier and press Enter.
- This should effectively uninstall the application.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.