Issue: How to Remove Any Toolbar from Chrome, IE, and Firefox?
Hello. Yesterday I have installed Free Youtube Downloader and found Ask Toolbar on Chrome. That’s the first time that I’m dealing with such a thing. I certainly don’t need that toolbar, but trying to get rid of it went wrong. It stays within my web browser although I have disabled on the settings. What should I do?
There are lots of browser toolbars spreading around the Internet, for instance, Ask.com Toolbar, Babylon Toolbar, Delta Toolbar, DealPly Toolbar, Mail.ru toolbar, Yontoo Toolbar, Softonic Toolbar, Snap.do Toolbar, and many others. Some of them can be downloaded directly from official websites for free. However, PC users seldom trust such and similar toolbars and rarely download them voluntarily. That’s why the developers of third party toolbars started spreading them along with freewares and sharewares. Consequently, if you download and install a freeware using Quick/Recommended installation option, you may unconsciously agree to install an unwanted toolbar alongside.
After that, your web browser may start working abnormally. In fact, finding a toolbar like Ask or Delta may disrupt your web browsing activities and annoy you to death because third party toolbars may:
- Corrupt web browser’s start page/search engine/new tab window;
- Cause browser’s redirects;
- Display advertisements;
- Install cookies and track browsing activities;
- Diminish web browser’s performance
- Corrupt web browser’s settings and prevent removal, etc.
Although the toolbars we are talking about are not classified as viruses, they belong to the PUP (potentially unwanted program) category, what means that they should better be removed due to a risk of getting a further PC infection.
If you install a PUP that is injected with a toolbar, it will certainly hijack all web browsers that are installed on your computer, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. In your case, you have installed Free Youtube Downloader and ended up with Ask Toolbar. The problem is that even if you remove the downloader, the toolbar will not be removed alongside. Therefore, to remove any toolbar from your web browser, you have to perform several steps manually:
How to remove any toolbar from Chrome, IE, and Firefox?
First of all, you should uninstall a freeware that has been carrying potentially unwanted programs alongside. For this purpose, you should:
- Go to Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features. (Windows 7 or Vista)
- Go to Start → Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP)
- Right-click in the lower-left corner of the screen and wait until Quick Access Menu appears. Then go to Control Panel → Uninstall a Program. (Windows 8/10)
- Look through a list of programs that are installed on your computer and find the ones that look suspicious to you.
NOTE: the date of installation can help you navigate through the programs. Try to remember when you have found unwanted toolbar within your web browser and look for the programs that were installed that day.
- Uninstall these programs and click OK.
As soon as you finish this, you should the start cleaning up your web browser.
Uninstall any toolbar from Google Chrome:
- Click on Menu button (three horizontal lines on the right-top corner). Select Setting.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page where you should find Show advanced settings.
- At the bottom of this window, you should see Reset browser button. Click it.
- A confirmation window will be shown to you. That’s necessary in order to inform you what settings are going to be restored. If you agree, click Reset.
Remove any toolbar from Internet Explorer:
- Click on the gear icon (right top corner) and select Internet Options.
- When dialogue box opens, click select Advanced (top right corner of the window) and click Reset.
- A confirmation window will ask you if you are sure that you want to restore Internet Explorer settings. If you are, click Reset.
- When the settings will be restored, close the confirmation window and then close Internet Explorer.
- Reopen it and see if unwanted toolbar is gone.
Delete any toolbar from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click Menu button, which is illustrated as a three horizontal lines (right top corner). Select Help.
- Choose Troubleshooting Information in the displayed window.
- If you are not allowed to access Help, type about:support in the address bar. The Troubleshooting window should open.
- Here you should click on Reset Firefox button (top right corner).
- Read every line on the confirmation window and if you agree, click on Reset Firefox.
- The browser will close automatically. Once the settings will be rested, you will receive a message with the information that has been changed. Click on the Finish and now you can browse with Firefox again.
We hope that you have managed to fix your web browser and uninstall toolbar from it. In order to ensure that your computer is PUP-free and that it’s optimized properly, we would highly recommend you to scan it with Reimage as well. This software has specifically been designed to repair damaged and corrupt Windows system. It is not only capable of optimizing the system, but also removing potentially unwanted and malicious files/programs as it uses Avira antivirus engine to scan for infections.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services like Netflix, BBC, Disney+ and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless where you are
Recover your lost files quickly
Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is a recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of important documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.