Issue: How to remove MASetupCleaner.exe file?
What is the MASetupCleaner.exe file? Should I keep it? I haven’t seen it before, but it showed up as if out of nowhere a couple of weeks ago.
If Windows Firewall throws a notification about an unexpected connection to the Internet initiated by MASetupCleaner.exe, it means that your PC is running a program called Samsung Kies. If you remember installing such a tool, then there is no need to worry because the file Windows Firewall informed you about is a part of Samsung Kies. The purpose of this file/process is to connect to the Internet on a certain schedule and connect to remote control servers owned by Samsung Kies. Such activity is legitimate and lots of applications use files like MASetupCleaner.exe in practice. The problem is that sometimes people do not install Samsung Kies purposely and are not even aware of such application at all.
If you haven’t installed this application, but suspect that it might have been installed in a bundle with another freeware, security specialists recommend removing the tool or at least disable the MASetupCleaner.exe file. Although neither the application nor the file is malicious, third parties might spread the modified versions of them. Consequently, they may be exploited for initiating potentially unwanted tasks. For example:
- MASetupCleaner.exe sometimes use more CPU than it is expected.
- It may be misused by third parties for gathering and sharing non-personal information about a PC user.
- Samsung Kies and the MASetupCleaner.exe process might have been bundled with ad-supported applications.
- In some rare instances, the MASetupCleaner.exe file name may disguise a virus infection. Hackers often misuse the names of legitimate files and processes to prevent detection and removal.
In a nutshell, if you installed Samsung Kies or another Samsung application recently and plan to use it, then you should ignore the MASetupCleaner.exe file and all notifications that Firewall displays about it. BUT if you did not install any of the Samsung apps and do not approve of MASetupCleaner.exe connections to the Internet or high CPU usage, do not wait any longer and remove the application to stop the file from appearing.
How to terminate MASetupCleaner.exe process?
To stop Windows Firewall from reporting about MASetupCleaner.exe error, you will have to remove Samsung Kies application completely. For this purpose, you have two options:
Option 1. Remove Samsung Kies automatically
Samsung Kies can be removed with the help of Perfect Uninstaller. This software removal utility will ensure a complete removal of the application, so you won’t need to worry about file leftovers. However, if you have installed this app accidentally in a bundle with free software or if you have installed it from a third-party download source, we would also recommend you to check the system for malware. For this purpose, we recommend using Reimage.
Option 2. Uninstall Samsung Kies manually
- First of all, make sure to disconnect Samsung cell phone from the PC.
- Then press Ctrl + Shift + ESC to open Task Manager.
- Find MASetupCleaner.exe file, click it and select Disable.
- After that, click Windows key + X and open Control Panel.
- Click Add/Remove programs and find Samsung Kies.
- Click it and select Uninstall.
- If a confirmation window shows up, click Yes to proceed.
- When the removal process is finished, click Windows key + R, type regedit, and press Enter.
- Select File and Export to create registry backups (just in case something goes wrong).
- After that, delete the following entries:
- Finally, reboot your PC.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.