Issue: How to set the right language for search results?
Recently, I keep getting the search results in Spanish. I change the language settings in the browser, but it only solves the problem for a short while. Any ideas for a permanent solution?
If your search results are displayed in the wrong language, it suggests that there is a mismatch between the OS and browser settings. Alternatively, there might be external causes for such behavior. There is a variety of browser hijackers which modify the settings and direct you to other domains. If you connect to the Wi-Fi by accessing a hotspot in another country, this problem might occur as well. If you have bought a computer with a different default system language other than your preferred language, it might trigger this phenomenon. Depending on the cause, there are different solutions. Here are several of them:
Option 1. Change the default language in Windows
- Navigate to Control Panel, Time & Language > Region & Language settings. Delete all other languages and leave only English.
- Go to Control Panel, Region > Formats > set it to English (United States).
- On the same window, click Location tab. Set it properly.
- Now choose Administrative tab. Opt for Change system locale..., set it to English (United States).
- Under Administrative tab, click Copy settings…. Make sure Welcome screen and system accounts and New user accounts bars are checked.
- Complete the action by clicking OK.
- Reboot the device.
Option 2. Manage you browser language settings
- Before proceeding further, it would be better to reset the browser settings in the first place.
- If you are using Chrome, enter the Settings by clicking on three vertical dots.
- Then expand the Advanced browser settings indicated below.
- Find the Languages section. Choose the preferred language as the default one.
- Click Done to apply the changes.
Note. This problem might be prevalent only to one type of browser. If search results are delivered in the right language after you sign out or use an alternative browser, reset the browser settings.
Option 3. Clean your browser from malicious elements
Quick guide for Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner and select Manage Add-ons.
- Then look for any suspicious plugins. Disable them.
- Change your homepage if it was altered.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- There, remove unknown URLs and enter a preferable web domain name. Finish the action by clicking Apply.
- Now Reset Internet Explorer.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and navigate to Internet Options. Enter to Advanced tab.
- Click Reset.
- In a new window, check Delete personal settings and choose Reset.
For Chrome users:
- Click on three vertical dots in the top right corner of the browser. Select Tools > Extensions.
- Find unknown malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Revert your homepage to the previous one.
- Enter Settings again.
- Find Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Remove questionable search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Near the Settings option, navigate to Manage Search engines.
- Remove malicious search sites. Leave only Google as the default search provider.
- Reset Google Chrome.
- After you enter Settings, scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Confirm the action by clicking Reset.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.