Issue: How to Synchronize Video and Audio on Windows?
I am really bothered with this issue. Video lags behind audio. It happens to all my videos. Sometimes its’s vice versa: the sound comes after a visual scene. Where should I be looking for a solution?
Unsynchronized video and audio might be the result of various misconfigured settings of one or another application. It might be also an internal bug in the operating system.
First, you need to identify where and when the issue appears. If you are having playing videos properly in one browser, try reinstalling Flash Player in the browser. For example, you can restart in in Chrome like this:
- Type chrome://plugins into the search bar and press Enter.
- Locate Flash in the list and click Disable below the link.
- Now visit the following link: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Unmark checkboxes to install optional programs.
- Click on the Download now button.
- After a file will be downloaded, run the file and follow instructions.
Furthermore, make sure that your system has installed latest Windows updates. Perhaps during a major installation of a program or an update, your audio and video drivers have become corrupted. Here are a couple of solutions you might try. In addition, you should ensure that your system is malware-free. In some cases, elaborate trojans meddle with the audio or video settings. Scan the system with Reimage.
Option 1. Reinstall audio drivers
You might try uninstalling audio drivers. Note that Windows 10 users have a privilege. After they uninstall the audio drivers and reboot the system, the OS will automatically download and install the necessary drivers.
- Type Device Manager in the search box.
- Launch the program.
- Find sound, video and game controllers. Expand it.
- Right click on each entry and choose Uninstall.
- Close the program and restart the device.
Option 2. Change video settings in the account of a video streaming site
If you notice the audio and video synchronization failure only in one video streaming sites or app, you may check the following solution. The merits for this solution go to rhagedorn user. Let us take Netflix as an example.
- In the Netflix account, go to the bottom.
- Click on Help Center.
- Choose Internet Connection Speed Recommendations.
- Select Video Quality.
- Choose Medium (optional).
- Remove the checkmark from the box indicating Prefer HTML5 player instead of Silverlight.
- Exit the window.
Option 3. Organize Windows Media Player
If you notice unsynchronized audio and video only on Windows Media Player, you might optimize certain settings:
- Launch Windows Media Player, click on the Organize tab and choose Options.
- Go to Performance tab. Opt for Drop Frames to Keep Audio and Video Synchronized, mark the box to activate the function. Place the checkmark on the Turn on DirectX Video Acceleration for WMV files box.
- Click Apply and then OK. Restart Windows Media Player and open a video file.
Note that if your Internet speed is lower than 15-50 Mbps, watching movies on the highest HD settings might result in the audio and video synchronization failure.
Optimize your system and make it work more efficiently
Optimize your system now! If you don't want to inspect your computer manually and struggle with trying to find issues that are slowing it down, you can use optimization software listed below. All these solutions have been tested by ugetfix.com team to be sure that they help improve the system. To optimize your computer with only one click, select one of these tools:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services like Netflix, BBC, Disney+ and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless where you are
Recover your lost files quickly
Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is a recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of important documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.