Issue: How to Uninstall 7-Zip?
Hello, I’d like to uninstall 7-Zip because I have no idea how to use this tool and I haven’t used it for ages. Can you tell me how to remove this program from my computer?
7-Zip is a legitimate and free file archiver that is used to compress files into archives. The software creates 7z file format archives that can be used to save time and space when moving a large amount of data from one place to another.
Such archives come in handy when you need to transfer some files to someone via e-mail or a media sharing site. You can compress your files and send them to another person who will decompress them with 7-Zip or another file archiver that supports 7z or zip format.
The software comes with a file manager that has a toolbar that allows creating archives, extracting them, testing archives to detect errors, move, delete and copy files, also open file properties menu. The file manager also allows seeing hidden files.
The 7-Zip official website states that the software is capable of compressing files to 7z format from 30 to 70% better than to zip format, and 2 to 10% better to zip format than other programs that are compatible with this file format.
The 7-Zip software is compatible with Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP and also 2012/2008/2003/2000/NT versions.
This tutorial explains how to uninstall 7-Zip easily and without facing any errors.
Uninstall 7-Zip from your Windows computer
- Press Control+Alt+Delete at the same time to launch Windows Task Manager.
- Look through the list of processes and find the ones related to 7-Zip. Select them (one at a time) and click End Process. Repeat until all of the 7-Zip related processes are gone.
- In Control Panel, you should find a tab named “Startup.” Here, find processes related to 7-Zip, right-click them and select Disable. You can also manage Startup items by going to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Here, right-click the program you want to disable and select Properties>Stop. Then activate Startup type menu and select Disabled.
- Go to Control Panel (you can search for it on your PC using Windows search), then to Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs panel.
- Select 7-Zip and choose Uninstall. Follow instructions provided by the uninstaller. Repeat with all programs related to 7-Zip.
- Now, you need to delete 7Zip-related Windows Registry keys. Press down Windows key + R key to launch Run window. Once it opens, type regedit and press Enter.
- This will launch the Registry Editor. Here, delete this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\7-Zip.
- Now, click Edit and select Find… Here, type 7-Zip and press Find next. Remove all keys related to the software you want to uninstall.
- Restart your computer.
If these instructions seem confusing to you, or if you simply want to check whether you removed the software correctly, you can use Perfect Uninstaller software to remove 7-Zip remains to you.
IMPORTANT. If you received a suspicious 7-zip file via email and it compromised your computer, perform a full system check using Reimage. It will delete malicious files, optimize and freshen up your PC.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
A VPN is also crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that you are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speed.
Therefore, to stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will prevent the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can decide to reboot the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost.
Additionally, you might also be attacked by malware that can corrupt your Windows or encrypt files with a robust encryption algorithm, and ask for a ransom in Bitcoin for the decryption tool. Cybercriminals might not deliver what they promised, however, so it is better to attempt alternative file recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data.
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.