Issue: How to uninstall Citrix Receiver?
Hello, I want to uninstall the Citrix Receiver because I'm not happy with the issues that occur on the system. It should get updated to the Citrix Workspace app, but I came to the error while trying to uninstall the program. How to uninstall Citrix Receiver properly?
Uninstalling Citrix Receiver is becoming an issue because people want to install the newer version, but cannot do that when the initial program is installed already. Users complained about this issue a lot on various online platforms and forums.
Another issue regarding the Citrix Receiver is the additional files left behind after the successful uninstallation. That means the application is no longer there or running, but leftover files make the new installation setup to think that there is no need to install the program since all files remain on the machine.
This is the common issue in regards to difficult processes of removing unwanted or useless, sometimes even malicious software. To uninstall Citrix Receiver properly, you need to get rid of all the files related to Receiver because certain files or folders cause unexpected behavior and other issues. The issue with Citrix Receiver uninstallation occurs on Windows devices and on macOS running machines, so you should go through all the methods below and try at least one method out of the few listed. In addition, this program can cause issues or pop-up errors that state about insufficient disk space on the system.
When you upgrade to a different version of the Receiver, the installation ends unsuccessfully due to disk space issues. You need to note that the upgrade takes up 206MB, and fresh installation needs 320MB (on Windows) free on the machine before Citrix Receiver installation can be launched.
How to uninstall Citrix Receiver
It may seem impossible to fully uninstall Citrix Receiver yourself completely, so there are methods that involve automatic tools created for such file-related issues. System optimizers and cleaner utilities like Reimage can find and locate affected files or the ones that got possibly damaged during various processes or even by malware. Damaged system files and folders can cause serious issues, so check the machine for these easily-repairable issues and then rely on manual techniques listed further.
Uninstall Citrix Receiver from Windows
- Open Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab and right-click on End Process for concentr.exe, wfcrun32.exe, and Receiver.exe.
- Log in to the device with Administrative rights.
- Open the Control Panel and choose Programs and Features.
- Right-click the application and select Uninstall.
Run command-line interface to uninstall Citrix Receiver
- Open the Command prompt and type the following and press Enter: CitrixReceiver.exe /uninstall and CitrixReceiver.exe \\silent \\uninstall
NOTE: The app creates registry keys that you should remove to avoid unexpected behavior. Entries remain in Software\\Policies\\Citrix\\ICA Client directory under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_LOCAL_USER.
Uninstall Citrix Receiver from Mac
- Make sure to Quit Citrix Receiver process from the toolbar.
- Then go to Applications and delete the application from there. Make sure to login with the admin password if needed.
- You need to find and delete service files, logs, caches, and other data.
- Press ⌘+⇧+G and type the following locations to find those files.
- You need to make sure that files and folders get removed manually if they still exist after an uninstallation.
– /Internet plug-ins/CitrixICAClientPlugIn.plugin
– /Citrix/Receiver Integration
– /Internet plug-ins/CitrixICAClientPlugIn.plugin
– /Application Support/Citrix Receiver
– /Preferences/com.citrix.ReceiverFTU.AccountRecords.plist (added in 11.6)
– /Preferences/com.citrix.ReceiverFTU.AccountRecords.plist.lockfile (added in 11.6)
- Empty the Trash to be sure that Citric Receiver got removed from your Mac completely.
NOTE: The ~ in front of the folder refers to the folder located within the user profile. Some items mentioned may not exist on your system depending on the Receivers' version.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.