Issue: How to Uninstall Comodo Geekbuddy?
GeekBuddy pop-ups are getting on my nerves! Don’t get me wrong, I like Comodo, but this GeekBuddy thing is really unnecessary for me. Maybe there’s a way I can use the antivirus without this additional service constantly running on the PC.
GeekBuddy is an online computer support service which installs together with COMODO antivirus. Comodo Group is a respected software developer, trusted by millions of users around the world. It offers numerous products including email security solutions, malware detection, and prevention tools for PC and mobile, device management software and much more. Nevertheless, even the best-rated software has its downfalls. And GeekBuddy is one of them. Although this program gets installed as an integral part of the Comodo service, the statistics show that 57 % of users recommend removing GeekBuddy from the computer.
One of the prominent features of this software is that it installs Windows Service which allows it to automatically launch at PC boot-up and continue running in the background of the system. Typically, you will see the “COMODO livePCsupport Service” service running in your Windows Task Manager as CLPS.exe. Terminating these processes manually may temporarily put the service on hold, but it will not remove GeekBuddy from your computer. The pop-ups offering live support will continue to show up after the PC is rebooted. To remove unwanted service properly, you will have to uninstall the program as shown in the guidelines below.
How to remove Comodo GeekBuddy from the Windows 10?
If you are not using Comodo GeekBuddy and its notifications simply annoy you by randomly popping up on your screen, you can disable this service following these steps:
- Go to the Windows start menu → Settings → Control Panel
- When in Control Panel, find Add/Remove Programs
- In the list of your installed programs, find Comodo GeekBuddy entry and single-click it
- Then choose Change/Remove and, when prompted, confirm the removal.
An alternative way to uninstall GeekBuddy is described below:
- Open the Windows menu go to All Programs, find Comodo option and then select Comodo BackUp
- In the menu select Uninstall Comodo GeekBuddy
- The uninstall process will start automatically. Follow the instructions on the screen.
- After the uninstallation is complete restart your computer to save the changes.
When you complete the elimination with either of the above-mentioned methods, you should also check whether the program did not leave any residue entries in your Windows registry:
- Open Windows menu and type in “Regedit” into the search bar and hit enter
- When in the Windows Registry Editor, type in GeekBuddy into the search bar and run the scan.
- Delete all entries related to GeekBuddy and reset your PC.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions: