Issue: How to Uninstall Connectify on Windows?
Hi. I have ASUS Windows 8. Yesterday I have tried to uninstall Connectify and ruined something. Connectify is still in my PC, but Wi-Fi is not working. I tried to restart my PC, but that does not do the trick. What should I do to remove Connectify and is it possible that after that my Wi-Fi is going to work?
To start with, it’s important to note that Connectify is a really great app. There are lots of good words to say about it, so we believe that you have your personal reason to delete it from your PC.
Connectify 2016 is also known as Connectify Hotspot. It’s a tool that helps to share Internet connection among several devices (smartphone, tablet, media player, e-reader, other laptops, etc.). In other words, it works as a Wi-Fi Hotspot, what means that this application allows several people to use a single Internet connection. Thus, Connectify app can ease file transferring, help your friends who lost Internet connection or does not have it at all, and so on. It supports Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, as well as allows 3G, 4G, and Tethered Connections over Wi-Fi. Unfortunately, if you are using Windows XP or Vista, you will not be able to use this software as it does not support aforementioned OS.
Despite the application to be extremely handy, it has some disadvantages that can make and probably made you decide to Uninstall Connectify on Windows. In fact, launching this software commonly ends up with errors that can’t be fixed very easily. In fact, to fix Connectify errors, it’s necessary to delete the application completely and reinstall it, which is a really annoying thing.
If you have encountered this problem, you should wait no longer and remove Connectify to solve the issue. The following instructions will help you to do so:
How to Uninstall Connectify on Windows?
If you are determined to remove Connectify on Windows, then make sure that you do that in a correct way. It’s very important to uninstall all files, including the smallest ones that are related to the program. Otherwise, leftovers may collide with other apps and you may gradually slow down your PC. Therefore, to uninstall Connecrtify you have to perform all these steps:
- Close Connectify. For that, click Ctrl + Alt + Delete in order to open Task Manager. Here find Connectify, click on it and select End Task.
- After that, uninstall the main file. For that, click Start (bottom left corner), select Control Panel, then click on Uninstall a Program/Programs and Features, look for Connectify 2016 and click on it to start uninstalling.
- In case you can’t find Connectify under Programs, find Uninstall.exe in :\Program Files (x86)\Connectify\ and double-click it.
- When the confirmation window appears, click OK.
- Now it’s time to delete supporting files. For that, you need to access Registry Editor. Click on Start (bottom left corner), type regedit in the search box and click Enter.
- Look through the files and find the ones that are related to Connectify. Click on each of them and select Delete. First of all, check these two folders:
- As soon as you remove all the files related to Connectify, restart your PC.
In order to check whether you have removed Connectify completely, open Task Manager by clicking Ctrl + Alt + Delete and look for this program. If it’s not there, it means that you have performed Connectify removal correctly.
Nevertheless, there is an easier way to get rid of this application. You can do that automatically. However, for this purpose you will have to install additional software. Our recommendation would be to install Perfect Uninstaller.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.