Issue: How to Uninstall FlashGet?
I’ve been using FlashGet as a default download manager for quite a long time, but the fact that it automatically downloads the files is getting on my nerves. I switched to another download manager, but can’t uninstall FlashGet, so it keeps downloading files. Please help me to remove it.
FlashGet is a download manager developed by Trend Media Limited. The last known version is Trend Media Limited 2.0. It employs MHT(Multi-server Hyper-threading Transportation) technique, exhibits support for various protocols, and provides great management features. According to the developer, FlashGet download manager is the “leading” and having the “highest amount of users on the internet.” Such claims are rather bogus because there is no statistical information provided that would prove the fact that it’s the leading one. Contrary, many people are looking for tips on how to uninstall FlashGet completely.
Although this application is not malicious, security experts warn that it may perform as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). To be more precise, it may spread bundled with other freewares or may be involved in the distribution of adware itself. Some anti-virus programs recognize the FlashGet as an Adware.Flashget.X, Adware/FlashGet, w32/suspicious_gen2.cnlfk, Suspicious.Insight or Dialer_Win32Dial. Unfortunately, but the worst part of this utility is related to its removal. It has been found that most of the people who tried to initiate FlashGet removal faced problems like no uninstaller on Control Panel, various errors or hidden files that prevent it from being uninstalled completely. Thus, in this post, we will explain what steps have to be taken to uninstall this program completely.
Uninstalling FlashGet from Windows
PC experts recommend removing doubtful applications while the system is in Safe Mode. When you are ready, stop flashget.exe process on Task Manager, then delete the main executable of the FlashGet adware from Control Panel, and finally, clean up the registry:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc simultaneusly to open Task Manager.
- Find flashget.exe process. Click on it and select Disable. Check Task Manager for other related processes and disable them as well.
- Now right-click on Windows key and select Control Panel.
- Open Programs & Features and find the FlashGet uninstaller. Click on it and select Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish up with the removal.
- Once done, press Windows key + R, type regedit, and press Enter.
- Now navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\FlashGet Network\\ path and delete its content.
- To check if all FlashGet leftovers have been removed, click Edit and select Find.
- Enter FlashGet in the search bar and press Find next. If any keys are available, remove them as well.
- Finally, Restart your computer.
TIP: FlashGet may also install some browser add-ons or hidden files into the default web browser. Therefore, we would recommend resetting your web browser after all. If, unfortunately, after perfoming the steps given above you still see the FlashGet PUP running on the system, try using a third-party software removal utility, for example Perfect Uninstaller. Simply download the tool and launch it. Follow the on-screen instructions to install it and run a scan with it to uninstall FlashGet automatically.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions: