Issue: How to uninstall Omnibox 1.1.0 on Windows?
Hello. I have a question – it seems that I just cannot remove Omnibox 1.1.0. It is stuck on my computer no matter what I do. Can you explain how to properly uninstall this software?
Many computer users complain that they cannot completely uninstall Omnibox 1.1.0 from their computers. This software provides a side gadget that allows to search any search engine by assigning keywords. Unfortunately, it might be related with the infamous Omniboxes.com search engine. It is a must to remove Omnibox 1.1.0 in a right way because partial removal of it can result in various computer issues later on. The easiest way to remove this program from your system is to use a professional software removal program, for example, Perfect Uninstaller. However, if you prefer to do everything with your own hands, we will help you out. On this post, we are going to explain how you can properly uninstall Omnibox 1.1.0 and all of its components. We have prepared an informative manual Omnibox 1.1.0 removal guide. Follow the steps below:
How to uninstall Omnibox 1.1.0 on Windows?
Method 1: Uninstall the program via Omnibox 1.1.0 uninstaller.
- Open ‘Start Menu’ → ‘All Programs’.
- Find Omnibox 1.1.0 folder, open it and find ‘Uninstaller.’ Commonly, it is named as uninstall.exe or unins000.exe.
- Double-click it and follow the process.
Method 2: Uninstall Omnibox 1.1.0 via the Add/Remove Programs list:
- Open ‘Start Menu‘ → ‘Control Panel‘ → ‘Programs‘ → ‘Programs and Features’ (Windows 7).
- Right click on ‘Start‘ → ‘Programs and Features‘ (Windows Vista/Windows 8.1)
- Click ‘Start’ → ‘Settings’ → ‘System’ → ‘Apps & features’ (Windows 10)
- Launch ‘Start Menu‘ → ‘Control Panel‘ → ‘Add/Remove Programs‘ (Windows XP)
- Detect Omnibox 1.1.0 and click ‘Change/Remove‘ or ‘Uninstall.’
- Click ‘Yes‘ to perform the removal and then wait as far as the process is over.
Choose whichever method you prefer and uninstall Omnibox 1.1.0. However, that is just the first part of the Omnibox 1.1.0 removal process. After completing these steps, you have to clean the Windows Registry from Omnibox 1.1.0 leftovers as well. Carefully follow the steps below:
- Click on ‘Start Menu‘, type “regedit” in the search box and hit ‘Enter‘ to open Registry Editor.
- Here you should find and remove all registry entries that belong to Omnibox 1.1.0. Search for the files located in folders:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Omnibox 1.1.0,
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Omnibox 1.1.0,
- (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\eg ui).
Next step: locate and delete all files in these system folders:
- C:\Program Files\Omnibox 1.1.0,
- C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Omnibox 1.1.0,
- C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\Omnibox 1.1.0.
That is all you need to do in order to entirely uninstall Omnibox 1.1.0 program. At first, these instructions might seem confusing, but if you investigate them carefully, you should remove the discussed program quite easily. If you have no luck removing this program manually, you can use Perfect Uninstaller to uninstall Omnibox 1.1.0 automatically.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.