Issue: How to Uninstall PC Medic?
Please tell me if PC Medic is a reliable app? I did not install it intentionally, but it keeps popping up on my screen and nagging me to purchase the license.
PC Medic is a PC optimization utility developed by Defender Security Limited. According to its developers, the tool is capable of speeding a slow PC, removing and preventing errors, speeding up slow startup, preventing freezes, crashes, fixing Windows Registry errors, cleaning junk files, and initiated a bunch of other tasks that should improve PC’s performance. Indeed, sounds good, but the question is why so many people are looking for instructions on how to uninstall PC Medic from Windows.
In fact, PC Medic is classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). That’s because its free version is disseminated on the Internet as a part of infamous freewares (method known as bundling), which is why it starts performing PC’s scans and fixes without asking for PC owner’s permission. The free trial scans the system regularly and informs PC owners about supposed errors and problematic system’s locations. However, although the names of the error and other technical information provided on the PC Medic scan log may be realistic, the scanner and results are bogus. That’s a tactic used by software developers to nag PC users to buy a full version of the software.
Another reason why PC Medic is dubbed as a PUP is complicated removal. Typically, legitimate software has an uninstaller and can easily be removed via Programs & Features applet on Control Panel. Unfortunately, but that may be impossible with this utility. Many people complain that they can’t get rid of PC Medic pop-ups and scanners because there is no such program available on the Windows apps list, so it cannot be uninstalled. The others claim that the PC Medic removal fails with an error, which says that the “Application is currently in use and, therefore, cannot be removed.” Anyway, if you are not satisfied with the presence of this utility and opt for its removal, we will help you to do so.
Uninstalling PC Medic on Windows
PC Medic may be distributed along with helper objects and other malware, which may block all attempts to remove the PUP. Therefore, before initiating general removal steps, we would recommend booting the system into Safe Mode. Then follow these steps:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc simultaneusly to open Task Manager.
- Find the processes related to the PC Medic. Click on each of them and select End Task.
- Then open the Startup tab and find all the PC Medic-related items. Right-click on them and select Disable.
- Now right-click on Windows key and select Control Panel.
- Open Programs & Features and find the PC Medic uninstaller. Click on it and select Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish up with the removal.
- Once done, press Windows key + R, type regedit, and press Enter.
- Here, delete this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\PC_Medic.
- To check if all PC Medic leftovers have been removed, click Edit and select Find.
- Type PC Medic in the search bar and press Find next. If any keys are shown, remove them to uninstall PC Medic completely.
- Restart your computer.
IMPORTANT: if you did not find the PC Medic uninstaller on Programs & Features, we would highly recommend you to perform its removal using a professional software removal utility, such as Perfect Uninstaller. By the way, this rogue software can also be eliminated using Reimage anti-malware.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions: