Issue: How to Uninstall QuickTime on Windows?
Hi, I want to free up space on my computer by deleting unwanted programs. I have deleted some, but I am not sure how should I remove QuickTime. I used to use this program a while ago, but I don’t need it anymore. Can you provide Apple’s QuickTime removal guide?
QuickTime is a multimedia framework created by Apple Inc., which can play numerous formats of video, music, pictures, and other media files. This program is also compatible with Mac OS, but there is a reason why our team recommends you to remove QuickTime from Windows. It appears that in 2016, Apple officially announced that they would no longer provide updates for this media player. It means that this product, nor its security vulnerabilities will no longer be patched. Therefore, we highly recommend you to remove QuickTime from your computer without a delay. At least two security vulnerabilities in this software have been detected, which can allow cybercriminals to execute malicious codes on vulnerable installations of QuickTime. The victim has to visit a malicious site or launch an infected file for vulnerability to be exploited. Below, we provide clear instructions on how to eliminate QuickTime from Windows:
How to uninstall QuickTime on Windows?
First of all, you might want to save QuickTime registration key before removing this program from your PC. To find the key, launch the QuickTime player, go to Edit > Preferences > Register tab, and copy the Registration Code from here. Save it to a preferred place or just write it down. Then, follow these removal instructions:
- Log in to your computer as an Admin.
- If QuickTime program is running, close it. You will also have to kill its process via Windows Task Manager. For that, hold down this combination of keyboard buttons: Ctrl + Alt + Del. Go to Applications tab, click on QuickTime and then hit End Task button.
- Then go to the Processes tab. Find all running processes related to this program, select them and click End Process.
- Access Control Panel. You can search it using Windows search, or access it via Start menu. Click the Windows logo located in the bottom left corner of the screen, and then click on Control Panel. In case you are using Windows 8 or 10, right-click on the same Windows logo and then select Control Panel.
- When the Control Panel window shows up, locate Programs section and click on Uninstall a program option. This will open a menu of programs installed on your computer. Find QuickPlayer, click on it, and select Uninstall. You might receive a pop-up message asking if you are sure that you want to remove this program. Click Yes.
- Open Start menu again, and, using search, search for regedit. Open it then.
- Click Edit > Find, type in QuickTime to find all components related to this program. Then right-click on them, and choose Delete option.
- NOTE. Be careful and do not delete random files while you are in Registry Editor! You can severely damage other programs and remove their essential components this way. Remove only those components that you are sure belong to QuickTime player!
- Restart your PC.
These instructions can seem confusing for people who have never touched Registry editor or deleted computer programs manually. If you are not confident about your computing skills, you can opt for the easier QuickTime removal option and remove it automatically. There are numerous programs that promise to uninstall unneeded software, but our team recommends using Perfect Uninstaller.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions: