Issue: How to Uninstall Screencast-O-Matic?
I don’t know where the Screencast-O-Matic program came from. It might be that my younger brother has installed it, but I am not using it and is not very likely to start using it. Therefore, could you please tell me how should I remove Screencast-O-Matic? My computer is running Windows 8. Any help appreciated!
To start with, we would like to encourage all computer and Mac users to initiate removal of each application that are not longer used. This way, the system will be maintained properly and will be able to operate at full capacity. Besides, removal or rather uninstalling of programs like Screencast-O-Matic must be initiated entirely. Here we want to stress the difference between ‘removal,’ which is a partial uninstalling when a program’s icon is dragged to the Trash bin, and ‘uninstalling’. The latter method, namely uninstalling, should always be performed for keeping Windows stable, fast, and error-free. It means that to uninstall Screencast-O-Matic on Windows, you will have to terminate its processes, check its folders, remove all registries, and other relevant data.
However, do not get us wrong because we do not want to convince you to remove Screencast-O-Matic or blame it for being irrelevant. In fact, it is a reliable application that can be used for “One-click screen capture recording on Windows or Mac.” However, if you seek to uninstall it and encounter several issues (listed below), we will provide you with a guide that explains peculiarities of Screencast-O-Matic removal step-by-step.
- Screencast-O-Matic is not present on the list of Windows programs;
- Screencast-O-Matic does not have a built-in uninstaller;
- An error message shows up when you try to remove Screencast-O-Matic;
- Registries and other associated files are not removed along with Screencast-O-Matic’
How to Uninstall Screencast-O-Matic?
Usually, programs on Windows can easily be removed. Unfortunately, there are some exceptions and Screencast-O-Matic is one of them. We have already received lots of reports of unsatisfied users who cannot perform removal of this tool entirely. If you want to save your time and seek to successfully initiate Screencast-O-Matic removal from the first time, our recommendation would be to use Perfect Uninstaller. However, if you prefer manual removal, then follow these steps:
- Open ‘Start Menu’ → ‘Control Panel’ → ‘Uninstall a Program’ (Windows 7).
- Open ‘Start’ → ‘Programs and Feature’ (Windows 8.1)
- Open ‘Start Menu’ → ‘Control Panel’ → ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP)
- Find Screencast-O-Matic, right-click on it and then select ‘Change/Remove.’
- Click ‘Yes’ to perform the removal and then wait until the process is over.
The second task that you have to fulfill is to terminate its processes and remove all related files. So, first of all, open Task Manager, find Screencast-O-Matic.exe, and execute it. After that, check registries and folders that are related to this program. For that, you have to:
- Check C:\Program Files (x86)\Screencast-O-Matic\v2 directory and remove all files that are still present there;
- After that, open ‘Start Menu’, type “regedit” in the search bar and click ‘Enter’ to open Registry Editor.
- Here you should find and remove all registry entries that belong to Screencast-O-Matic.
- Look for the files located in folders: HKEY_CURRENT_USER> Software>Screencast-O-Matic> Software.
- Find and delete all program files in system folders C:\Program Files\, C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ and C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\.
Don’t rush this process because you have to check lots of registries, what means that it is very easy to skip the ones that you need to remove easily. However, if you are seeking to uninstall Screencast-O-Matic quickly and easily, we recommend you to use Perfect Uninstaller. This software is free to install. Besides, it can help you to remove all other registries and useless files belonging to the programs that are long gone from your computer.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions: