Issue: How to Uninstall WikiBuy?
I found this extension added to the browser. It says to be affiliated with Amazon. Is it really so? Or is it one of those unwanted adware programs? Thanks for the advice in advance.
WikiBuy functions as a browser extension available on Chrome web store. It is promoted as a necessary tool for enhancing your Amazon shopping. It is commendable that the tool leads to its official website. According to the ratings, it seems to be a reliable utility which has earned a positive rating from over that 4 000 users.
Once you enter its official website, you are asked to sign up to experience the benefits of the domain. Its main purpose is to deliver you relevant deals and commercial offers. Naturally, in order to do that, the application will track your online activities and process your browsing history as well as frequent search entries.
Consequently, you are likely to be constantly disturbed with commercial offers. Before adding the extension, it seems that the tool only reads and changes all your data on the websites you visit. Thus, within a while, such frequency of commercial offers might start bothering.
On the final note, even if such application has supposedly high ratings, it is not positively evaluated by IT professionals. They label it as a potentially unwanted application (PUP). Thus, you might want to uninstall Wikibuy. You can do it manually as well as with the assistance of Reimage.
Option 1. Uninstall WikiBuy via Control Panel
- Depending on Windows version you use, click Start and enter Programs and Features or Apps and Features (Windows 10).
- Locate WikiBuy and click Uninstall.
- Wait for the uninstallation guide to finish.
Option 2. Remove WikiBuy extension from Chrome
- Open the browser. Click on the menu icon on the top right corner and choose Tools → Extensions.
- Click on WikiBuy and then remove it by clicking on trash bin icon.
In order to eliminate all web scripts related to this browser extension, you can reset the browser.
- Click on menu icon on the top right and enter Settings.
- Scroll down until you Reset browser settings option. This action will delete all your saved bookmarks.
Option 3. Eliminate WikiBuy from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and click on the menu icon.
- Choose Add-ons → Extensions.
- Mark WikiBuy and choose Remove option.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- When you enter Firefox menu settings, click on the question mark. Enter Troubleshooting Information.
- Click on Reset Firefox to its default state and finish the action by clicking Reset Firefox button.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions: