Issue: How to Uninstall ZoneAlarm Antivirus on Windows?
I’ve been using Avast anti-virus for a long time. However, I received an offer to install ZoneAlarm Antivirus for free. I checked for it and decided that’s a great tool for protecting Windows. The problem is that before installing it I did not remove Avast and the two anti-viruses apparently slow down the system. Besides, I did not like how ZoneAlarm Antivirus works, so I would like to uninstall it. Please help me how to do this properly. Thanks in advance!
ZoneAlarm Antivirus by Zone Labs, L.L.C is a software utility that is compatible with Windows OS. It’s a third-party anti-virus that functions as a firewall and anti-virus. According to its developers, this software is capable of protecting a PC from malicious infections, data encryption, and identity theft, ensures online privacy, updates virus database continuously, and so on. Therefore, it seems to be a great tool for preventing serious problems. There are various opinions related to ZoneAlarm Antivirus performance, but we are writing this post not to mention its pros and cons. This post is dedicated for people who are seeking to uninstall ZoneAlarm Antivirus on Windows.
Unfortunately, but anti-malware programs may be difficult to remove as they install a bunch of supporting files that may be scattered in various folders. Therefore, it’s very important to uninstall antivirus completely before installing another.
In your case, it’s very important to perform ZoneAlarm Antivirus removal as it is running with Avast simultaneously. Two anti-malware tools are not necessary, mildly saying. Such programs conflict with each other and very often lead to errors. Besides, two anti-malware tools consume twice as much RAM and CPU as one. Therefore, they may initiate system slowdowns, crashes, freezes, and similar issues. Thus, in your case, it’s very important to uninstall ZoneAlarm Antivirus or Avast, depending on which program you prefer. Since you’ve asked how to uninstall ZoneAlarm Antivirus completely, we’ll provide a guide in the next paragraph.
How to Uninstall ZoneAlarm Antivirus on Windows?
If you seek for a quick ZoneAlarm Antivirus removal, we highly recommend using an automated utility, such as Perfect Uninstaller. It will uninstall the main execuatable of the program along with additional files and registries. If, however, you are not fond of using additional software, then to uninstall ZoneAlarm Antivirus, you have to do the following:
- Right click on the ZoneAlarm Antivirus icon on the bottom-right corner. Select Shut down protection.
- In order to stop program from working, click Ctrl + Alt + Delete combination and open Task Manager. Find the program, right click on it and select End Task.
Find ZoneAlarm Antivirusuninstaller:
- Press Windows Key + C and then select Search.
- Find the program, right click on it and select uninstall.
- Click OK to confirm the changes.
Uninstall a program via the Control Panel:
- Open Start Menu → Control Panel → Programs → Programs and Features (Windows 7).
Right click on Start → Programs and Features (Windows Vista/Windows 8.1)
Click Start → Settings → System → Apps & features (Windows 10)
Launch Start Menu → Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP)
- Find ZoneAlarm Antivirus and click Change/Remove or Uninstall.
- Click Yes to perform the removal and then wait as far as the process is over.
Once you perform the steps indicated above, to delete ZoneAlarm Antivirus permanently, you will have to perform some additional tasks in order to get rid of file leftovers. For that, perform the following steps:
- Click on Start Menu, type regedit in the search box and hit Enter to open Registry Editor.
- Click File – Export. Save the backup registries to your preferred location.
- Look for the files related to ZoneAlarm Antivirus. If you find any, delete them and then reboot the system.
As soon as you uninstall ZoneAlarm Antivirus completely, you can download and run another anti-malware. We hope that this guide was useful for you and you have deleted this unwanted program successfully.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions: